A Date With Jackson Avery

I hurried to find Derek, which wasn't hard, because he was in the OR, shaving Katie's hair. He looked up and said,"I promised I'd make her look cool. Apparently, being a bald beauty queen is the worst thing that happened in the history of the world."

"Did you choose me because of our past,"I demanded,with my arms across my chest. With a straight face and he didn't miss a beat either,he said,"Yes."

But then he broke the straight face and he stated,"I'm kidding." I glared at him then snapped,"I'm not going to scrub in for surgery. You should ask Cristina. She really wants it."

"You're Katie's doctor. And on your first day, with very little training, you helped save her life. You earned the right to follow her case to the finish. You...you shouldn't let the fact that we have a past get in the way of you taking your shot, Aviana."

I shook my head and stated,"You are unbelievable, Derek Shepherd. I hope you know that. I really do hope you know that."

Jumping to a different piece:

"I wished I wanted to be a chef. Or a ski instructor. Or a kindergarten teacher,"I complained to Jackson. He chuckled and said,"It'll work out, Avi. Relax. Just breathe. Being an intern sucks and is hell. Believe me, I know. It's like being a superhero."

"When I told my family I wanted to go to medical school, they tried to talk me out of it. Said I didn't have what it takes to be a surgeon. That I'd never make it. So, the way I see it, being a superhero sounds pretty damn good right about now,"I countered.

He chuckled again then hopped up and said,"I have to go do surgery. And you have to get ready to prep Katie Bryce for surgery. Don't forget about our date, Dr. Parker." I laughed and protested,"But of course not, Dr. Avery! I could never forget about you."

I was standing by the nurses' station when I heard the Chief lecturing Alex. I turned around and grinned with amusement when Chief demanded," She's still short of breath. Did you get an ABG or a chest film?" Alex nodded and replied,"Oh, yes sir, I did."

Webber nodded once and questioned tartly," And what did you see?" Karev's Adam's Apple bobbed then he protested,"Oh, well, I had a lot of patients last - " Chief cut him off by snapping, "Name the common causes of post-op fever." Alex gulped and said," Uh...yes, sir."

He pulled a notebook out of his pocket but Webber ordered," From your head. Not from a book. Don't look it up, learn it, it should be in your head. Name the common causes of post-op fever."Alex froze and stuttered out,"Uh... the common causes of post-op..."

"Can anybody name the common causes of post-op fever,"Chief called out to everyone. Everybody stopped and one girl even pulled out her notebook when I stated,"Wind, water, wound, walking, wonder drugs. The five Ws. Most of the time it's wind, splinting or pneumonia. Pneumonia's easy to assume, especially if you're too busy to do the tests."

Webber nodded and gave Alex a pointed look, then turned back to me and asked,"What do you think is wrong with 4B?"

"The fourth W, walking. I think she's a prime candidate for a pulmonary ambulus,"I answered. Webber nodded again and questioned,"How would you diagnose?"

"Spiral CT, VQ scan, provide O2, dose with Heparin, and consult for an IVC filter,"I replied, shrugging. Chief turned to face Karev and ordered,"Do exactly as she says, then tell your resident that I want you off this case." As he passed me by, he whispered, "I'd know you anywhere, you look exactly like your brother. Welcome to the gang."

I swallowed and soon, I was in the OR, standing beside Meredith and across from Derek. I got in a surgery. A brain surgery. Hell yeah, how's that for a first day!?

Derek looked up with a grin in his eyes then said, "All right, everybody, it's a beautiful night to save lifes, let's have some fun."

I pulled off my gloves as I exited the OR before I washed my hands and set out to venture off.

Hour 48, getting off of work:

I was sitting on a bench near the exit when Cristina approached me. She sat down beside me then said, "The surgery was good." I hummed in agreement then replied,"Yeah."

She sighed and asked,"We don't have to do that I say something and then you say something,and then someone cries and there's like a moment..."

I shook my head and muttered, "Yuck." She laughed and said, "Good. You should get some sleep. You look like crap."

"I look better than most of these interns here,"I protested, though she was probably right. She rolled her eyes and said,"That is not possible." She stood up and walked away before Jackson took her place.

"You ready to go,"he asked, grinning. I looked down on my scrubs and questioned, "I don't suppose I can get a quick shower,can I?" He grinned and said,"Of course you can."

I washed up at the hotel then left to meet Jackson at the bar. He was sitting at the counter, chatting with the bartender, Joe, when I joined him.

"You must be the lovely Aviana that Jackson won't quit talking about,"Joe stated as he shook my hand. I smiled and said,"In the flesh and blood. But please, call me Avi." The bartender slid me a drink then informed me,"Its on the house. You've probably had one hell of a night."

I laughed and said,"Oh yeah, big time." Jackson grinned then turned to face me as Joe walked away and stated,"Tell me about yourself. I'm curious." I laughed then protested,"There's not much to know about me. I've got one brother and one sister. I haven't talked to my parents in ever. They hate me."

He rolled his eyes and opened his mouth to reply when his pager went off. He looked down and jumped out of his seat before he said,"I'm so sorry. I'm on call tonight. I'll make it up to you. I swear."

I sighed and said,"It's okay, Jackson. I understand. I'm a doctor too, you know. But you will owe me a date." He pecked me on the cheek and stated,"I'm so glad you understand. I promise,I'll make it up to you." He zoomed off and I blew out a breath before I motioned Joe back over.

"Where'd Jackson run off to,"he asked as he filled up my glass with vodka and Sprite. I sighed and muttered,"He's on call tonight. Duty calls after all. Keep 'em coming. Don't stop. And I want a pretzel and and medium sized sausage pizza please."

*Seven Sprite and Vodkas later*

I was standing on the dance floor, dancing my ass off before I stumbled back to my stool at the bar. When I checked my watch, it's read 2:30 A.M. Well then. I took a deep breath then sipped on my coffee to clear up my cloud of alcohol.

"You look like crap,"vocalized a familiar voice. I flipped him off and said,"Screw off. I'm busy."

"You was blown off I take it,"he asked, pouting. I frowned and rolled my eyes before I stated, "Lay off."

"But I'm bored and you got blown off. One drink. Please,"he begged. I sighed. Well, I am pretty lonely. I looked over at him then replied,"One drink. That's all."

Okay, who do you guys think is the guy? Comment and vote! Tell me who you think it is in the comments. I will read them. I hope you're enjoying it so far!