Elixir

A/N: I was soooo tired while updating this chapter so there might be some mistakes.

-Mone'

I ran and ran, practically ignoring the screaming of my name from Mason who was trying to catch up with me.

I saw him!

I actually saw him!

The dream boy. Mr. Fantasy.

As my breath shortened I noticed that I never got his name. Not even from my dreams.

I completely collapsed on the ground with back against a tree. I couldn’t hear Mason anymore, nor could I see they guy from the pictures.

I leaned my head back on the tree, closed my eyes, and took some deep steadying breaths. Running is not on my repertoire.

I don’t know how long I was like this but it was a while until I fully caught my breath and now I was just tired.

I heard a snap of a twig but didn’t pay any mind to it, thinking it might be another monkey I took a picture of earlier.

“Are you alright?”

That voice.

That deep and alluring voice.

It’s even the same accent.

I snapped my eyes open and looked up to see the guy of my dreams. Literally.

He bent down and gazed at me with a concerned expression, but his amusement couldn’t be hidden.

He held out his hand to help me up.

“I-I’m fine” I said and stood up to my aching feet.

“Nice necklace” he murmured. I absentmindedly touched it.  I gave him a confused look.

The way he looked at me was as if he knew I already knew him. He didn’t act on his imagined accusation.

“Why were you chasing after me?” His voice was low and cautious. What do I tell him? You’re the guys I’ve dreamt about over the past weeks? No.

“Why were you running?” I countered. Ha!

Shock and appreciation were settled in his warm eyes. He smirked at me as if my snappy remarks were all familiar to him.

He extended his hand once again. I looked at him, confused. I wasn’t on the ground.

He lightly chuckled and shook his head, and then stuffed his hands in his pockets of his dark jeans.

“I’m Zayn.”

Zayn…

The name is so foreign to me but fit him perfectly.

Zayn.

“I-I’m Janae” I muttered breathlessly. His whole demeanor knocking the air out of my lungs.

A light smile crept across his lips in utter sincerity.

“Hey!” We both snapped our heads to the voice. In the distance I saw Mason jogging towards us.

“Jeez Jay, you have some speed for those short legs of yours.”

I wanted to slap him right there. Gosh he’s so embarrassing…and in front of Zayn!

Oh gosh, it’s weird referring to him as his real name.

As if he just took notice of him standing in front of me. “Who’s he?” Mason asked.

 I swatted his arm. Zayn chuckled and held out his hand, “Zayn” he said. Mason took it and firmly shook it, “Mason.” Zayn raised his brow but said nothing else.