Epilogue

I finished this story like a year ago but I've been getting requests for an epilogue so here you go! (It's brief).

I was real lonely the first year, my thoughts always drifting to him.

Knowing that he was gone hurt more than anything. No chance of touching him or feeling is warmth embrace me. I craved it.

Mason helped while Ray tried to make me forget.

I could never forget someone like him.

Lately though, he was in my dreams... Again.

It was the greatest thing ever to see his smile and hear his voice however authenticated it was.

I was ready to fall asleep after nine, impatient as to what my dreams would hold.

When I did surrender to oblivion, colors swirled behind my lids and I saw him. All brown eyes and pearly smile.

"Zayn!" I shrieked, wrapping my arms around him.

"I just saw you not ever 24 hours ago," he chuckled.

However untrue that really was, I still went along with it, learning that in moments like this I had to fake it to make it.

"I know," I sighed, "I just miss you that's all."

He leaned down and pecked my cheek, "I miss you just as much."

In those words I truly believed that in some way he was communicating to me through is absence. I felt the words hit me just as much as they did when he was actually around.

"Will you show me the rest of your world now?"

"You mean the centuries I've lived in? Of course."

It was truly the best feeling to finally have dreams where I was just me. I was Janae and not any other girl from any other time period and I was loved.

Then, I was shaking. Refusing to wake but forced out of my sleep. I gasped awake and groaned, ready to lash out at someone. I sat up, bumping heads and and came face to face with truly the only guy to have ever held me completely.

"Zayn?"

"You know how to pack a punch," he smiled, rubbing his forehead.

"Wha-"

"Not Zayn but something close, something similar. You and me have a lot in common actually."

I was silent.

"Same people, different century."

"Doppelgänger."

"Exactly. Now I've been having these dreams..."

My eyes rolled back and I passed out, ruining my first time seeing the beauty in over a year.