Chapter Two: Heartfilia Mansion

“Cool!” Lucy exclaimed,her cloak blowing in the wind as she stared up at the mansion. Layla smiled adoringly at the child,before noticing some dark red stains on her hands. Layla looked closer and saw that it was blood,splattered on Lucy's face and hands.

Layla drew a shaky breath before speaking to Lucy. “Say,Lucy. Why don't we get you cleaned up?”

“Okay…” Lucy said,her tone decreasing in joy as she stared down at her red hands.

"How could I have forgotten...?" Lucy asked herself. The memory of those...men,came flooding back,and was the only thing Lucy could think of.

"I'm sorry...." Lucy mumbled under her breath,staring down at her red hands.

"Hm?" Layla asked,being gentle with the young girl.

"How had I not noticed sooner...? Poor child...I'll ask her later" Layla decided.

"I'm sorry..." Lucy mumbled under her breath again. This time,Layla understood what she had said.

"It's-It's okay Lucy. Why don't we give you a bath and you can tell me what happened. Does that sound like a deal...?" Layla asked the girl. Lucy looked up at Layla,tears threatening to spill.

"Those...Those men....I..." Thoughts of the men clouded Lucy's mind as she viewed the scene over,and over,and over again.

Layla looked at Lucy with a look of concern,before picking the small girl up in her arms,and carrying her to the bathroom.

~

Drip.

Drip.

Drip.

Drip.

The constant sound of the water dripping from the tub's faucet and onto the water in the tub made Lucy curious. As Layla helped Lucy out of her clothes,and into the tub,Lucy stared at the faucet.

"In every .8674 seconds,the water drips twice." Lucy spoke plainly, with a dull voice. Layla looked at Lucy in wonder.

"How does she know that...?" Layla thought to herself,just smiling at the girl.

As Lucy set her arms in the bath,the water turned a light red color,the blood floating around in the tub.

"Lucy...?" Layla asked the girl. Lucy hummed in response,moving the water around in the tub with her hands.

"Why was there... Blood on your hands...?" Layla asked slowly, using a cloth to start washing the girl.

Lucy looked down at the tub,shadows covering her eyes as she spoke. " ...I killed them..."

Layla looked at Lucy. "She had to've had a good reason...right...?" "Who's them,Lucy? And why did you have to kill them?"

Lucy looked up at Layla,a scared look on her features. "If I tell you...Will you still want me...?" Lucy asked Layla.

"Of course,Lucy. Honesty is above all the most important thing. How can I be mad at you for being honest?" Layla told the girl.

Lucy looked down at the tub again,and thought,before speaking her mind. "Three men. I don't know their names...But,they all had a grey mark on their shoulder,and they had ths same outfit,but with different colored hair." Lucy told Layla.