25. Maya's Back

A/N: Hey guys! How are you enjoying everything so far with this story? Thank you for all the kind words that some of you have put in my comments, it honestly means a lot to me that you're enjoying the story.

Maya's POV

Now that it's Wednesday, I've been cleared to return to school. Lucas has been so great through all this. I've literally been such a mess since this all happened and he's been perfect. I'm happy my eyes being swollen went away, so that was a plus. My face was still a little jacked up, but nothing a little extra makeup couldn't fix because there was no way in hell I was returning to school looking like this without it. I heard a knock on my door as I was putting on my makeup, I stopped to go open the door to find my mom standing there.

"What's up?" I asked her.

"Are you sure you're ready to go back today? She replied with question.

"Yeah, I'm good. Lucas and I have all our classes together so he'll always be with me, you don't need to be worried, I'm fine." I responded to her while rolling my eyes because she worries too much.

"Maya Penelope Hart don't you roll your eyes at me like that, it's my job to worry about you." She said with a half smile.

"Penelope?" A voice from behind her says and when I peered to the side of her it was Lucas.

"Can it Huckleberry." I snapped at him. "Mom, you could have warned me he was here before you outted my middle name to him."

"It was more fun this way, have a good first day back to school baby girl." She replied.

After she left my room, she left for work and wouldn't be back tonight because I told her to go stay with her new boyfriend she's been seeing since we moved here. She deserves to have someone care about her after everything. Lucas and I didn't have to be at school for another few hours. He walked in and sat on my bed just staring at me. I finished putting my eyeliner on and walked over to him, crawled on his lap and straddled him. I cupped my hands on both sides of his face.

"I love you Huckleberry." I said to him. Before he had any time to respond, I smashed my lips against his and I could feel him smiling into my mouth.

After a few minutes we slightly separated from the kiss.

"I love you, too." He finally had the chance to reply.

"How about we go downstairs and eat breakfast?" I said to him.

"Sounds great." He responded, smiling at me.

I climbed off him lap and took his hand and went downstairs to make breakfast.

•••

We still had an hour to kill before we had to leave for school so we decided to cuddle on the couch.

"Hey Lucas?" I asked him while I still laid on his chest.

"Yeah?" He said. I could feel his eyes on me.

"Um, have you ever.. You know?" I finally asked him after a moment of silence.

"Say what you mean Maya, I'm not going understand beating around the bush." He whispered in my ear and I could feel his hot breath.

"Have you had sex before..?" I asked him and he chuckled at how clearly shy I was being about this.

"No I haven't, do you honestly think anything ever happened with Riley? She would barely even let me kiss her, at least the way you let me kiss you and I would never want to kiss anyone else that way." He softly whispered to me.

"Huckleberry was I your first actual real kiss?" I asked him curiously.

"If you want to be technical, yes, but if you're to think in general, no." He responded, smiling at me.

The way he was whispering to me was having a weird effect on me so I sat up to check what time it was and it was about that time to start getting ready to head out.

"We really need to get to school cowboy. I do want to continue this conversation though, after school maybe we can have a conversation?" I asked him nervously.

"Of course, only if you're ready for that conversation, I don't want you to feel pressured to have this conversation." He replied.

"Huckleberry, please. I brought it up." I responded and he started laughing.

"Let's get to school short stack." He said as I glared at him and he chuckled.

•••

When we walked in the school, people were already staring at us. We stopped at my locker and talked for a few seconds.

"I need to go to my locker, are you sure you're okay?" He asked with concern.

"Yes, Lucas, I'm fine. I'm not glass, I'm not going to break." I replied sarcastically.

"Okay, I'll see you in class." He said as he pressed me against my locker and softly kissed my lips to pretty much leave me hanging and walk away. "I love you."

After Lucas walked away, I walked into Mr Matthews classroom to give him my homework that Lucas has brought to me the past couple days that I was out.

"Hi Maya! How are you feeling?" Matthews asked me.

"I'm assuming the school told you what happened?" I asked him.

"Yeah they did. I'm glad you made a speedy recovery." He replied.

"Thank you Mr Matthews. Here's my homework from the past few days, I didn't want to fall too far behind." I said as I handed it to him.

"You didn't have to get this done right away, I would have understood if you needed time to recover." He replied with much sympathy behind his voice.

"No, it's okay really. I had nothing else to do anyways with Lucas here and my mom at work during the day, I had the downtime to do it and to be able to focus." I said with a smile.

"Okay, well, thank you. I appreciate you getting it done as soon as you could. It's nice to have you back Miss Hart." He replied.

I went over and sat at my desk and seconds later Lucas walked through the door and took his seat behind me with Riley trailing not too far behind him, taking her seat next to me, which annoyed me to no end.