2. Friend Lunch Date

A/N: I won't have too many author notes because no one reads them anyways. I'll probably make them when something big is about to happen. Hope you're enjoying the story so far.

Maya's POV

This hasn't been too bad so far, I guess. Mr Matthews is kinda cool. He teaches history in such a unique way that makes everyone want to listen. I think his class might be my favorite so far. My locker happened to be outside his classroom so that's helpful. I was finally able to get my bag and everything that I didn't need in there. Lucas invited me to sit out in the courtyard with him at lunch, so maybe I won't be completely alone, which is where I'm headed right now. When I walked out there Lucas was at a table alone smiling at me and waving me down. I decided to sit across from him instead of next to him because I want to know who he is and not get in such close encounters just yet.

"Hey." I smiled at him while I sat down with my lunch.

"Hey." He smiled back.

"Where's your friends?" It was odd to me because Lucas seems like such a liked guy.

"Doing what we're doing, except eating lunch in the cafeteria." He said sarcastically with a grin on his face.

"Hmm, sarcasm. You and me may get along just fine huckleberry." I always feel awkward full on eating in front of people so I'm picking at my lunch, but this conversation is actually kinda nice.

"So, what's your story?" It seemed like he wanted to know just as much about me as I did him.

"What do you mean my story?" The dreaded question every girl with a bad past wants to be asked.

"Why did you move to New York?" The fixation of his question was more understandable now.

"Oh, my moms job requires her to travel a lot which has resulted in us moving around a bit the past 2 years." I could feel every nerve in my body twitch because I hate talking about myself and letting people get to know me.

"What about your dad?" There's really no correct way to answer this one.

"Oh.. I don't like talking about my dad, maybe someday if you stick around, but I don't talk about him with anyone not even my mom." That response was such a mess, that was probably enough to chase him away.

"I understand. How about this. You tell me about you, and I mean about you, not your family, I want to know who Maya Hart is as a person." Why does he want in so bad, I don't get it.

"Lucas, why do you want to know who I am so bad?" No good can come from me, he doesn't want to know me.

"Because Maya Hart, there's something different and almost intriguing about you and I can't pin it down yet. Besides life's too short." I've never met someone so in touch with human communication.

"There's really nothing to say.. What you see is what you get, I guess." I don't know how to describe myself, it's more of a observe me and you'll learn who I am kinda thing, but no one has ever asked me to tell them about myself, at least not like this.

"So you're telling me that there's no hobbies, no favorite tv show or music or no ambition in life, you're telling me there's none of that inside
you? I don't buy that, but I suppose I need to earn your trust." Oh good he's catching on now.

"What makes you think I would trust you so easily?" I arched my eyebrow at him.

"Because you already do, you just don't realize it yet." He gave me this odd smirk.

"Listen Ranger Rick, you think that I don't know what I know? I can ensure you that I do." He wants to play this game then let's play.

"Oh that's a good one, keep them coming, not a single one of your names will break me, sorry to disappoint you ma'am." He tipped an imaginary hat at me... Why.. Why did he do that.

"Never say never... Cowboy." I looked over at him and grinned.

"Not gonna happen." I'll break him, one way or another I will break him.