14. A Christmas Huckleberry

Maya's POV

Everything has been so amazing with Lucas and I since we had a heart to heart. I've never kissed a guy the way I kissed Lucas before. It's like electricity pulses through my veins which heightens both of our hormone levels, but we know when it's too much and that it's too soon to take things to the next level. I like where we are right now.

Riley and Farkle started dating recently, no surprise there. We haven't been bothered by her in a few weeks. It's kind of like she's not even there anymore. She doesn't talk to us and we don't talk to her, that's how it should have been from the start. I understand her reasonings for not wanting to let Lucas go, I mean look at him. I somehow got lucky and got his attention. Things weren't suppose to happen the way they were, but I'm glad that they did.

I'm having Christmas with my mom and he's having Christmas with his parents then we're having our own thing tonight. My phone started buzzing from a text and when I looked at it Lucas' name was flashed on the screen.

-text with Lucas-

Lucas: Merry Christmas beautiful.
Maya: Merry Christmas Huckleberry.
Lucas: I can't wait to see you tonight.
Maya: Me either, it's all I've been thinking about today.
Lucas: I have a present for you that you'll never forget.
Maya: Now I'm curious huckleberry
Lucas: you'll find out tonight.
Maya: but that doesn't change the fact that I want to know now.
Lucas: I have you right where I want you, remember that ;)
Maya: mmmk ranger rick, teasing isn't nice.
Lucas: listen pancakes, you'll be very happy tonight, I promise, at least I hope you will.
Maya: pancakes? Really?
Lucas: you can call me every nickname you can think of, and I can't call you one?
Maya: that would be correct sundance, keep trying, you can't keep up with me.
Lucas: on the contrary, you're so wrong.
Maya: I guess we'll find out.

-end text conversation-

I walked downstairs to see how far along mom was with dinner.

"Hey mom, need any help?" She tuned around and smiled at my outfit.

"Is that for Lucas tonight?" Completely avoiding my question.

"What?" I narrowed my eyes at her.

"I'm just saying you look adorable today sweetie and if you could set the table that would be helpful." Because that's what I wanted to hear was that I was adorable.

"Mom, nothing official is even happening with Lucas and I right now, we're just friends." I responded to her as I was setting the plates on the table.

"Okay Maya because I wasn't a teenager once. Do you really think the Friars and I don't see how close you two are? We've both seen you guys multiple times holding hands and let's not mention what I saw two weeks ago when you decided to go outside late at night-" I quickly cut her off before she could continue.

"Okay mom, that's enough boy talk for you today." I quickly said and she chuckled at how fast I was quick to change the subject as soon as possible.

"Baby girl, everyone knows. You might as well make the move since he isn't." I was horrified that my mother was trying to have conversation with me on this.

"There's nothing to know, there's nothing to move on. Can we please not talk about this right now?" I was begging her, this is the last thing I wanted to talk to her about.