Chapter 2 An Unhexpected Visitor

The September sky is a pale pink, streaked with gold and orange- soon to become the inky darkness of the night; the night that acts as a veil too the evil that takes place in these hours.

Raven is decked in black leather, complimenting her flat leather boot and the purple jewels she wore around her neck and ankles- you could say she looked beautiful but she was more of a beast than a beauty.

"Hunter! We have to be there before dusk!" Raven yelled,"Come Now!"

"Coming!"

~*~

They walk through the forest. The trees arch like a make shift pathway- dark red roses hang over this shelter,

Queen Raven walks on steadily whilst Hunter trudges behind, his back hunched over- he really wanted too see Ashlynn...

Raven stopped walking. "Were he're." She smiled with a nervous chuckle.

She hoped that Hunter didn't see the hesitation in her eyes.

Hunter looked at her. "Do you really want to do this?" He said looking at her.

"Of course I do! Im not a coward like you!" Raven scorned.
The two of them argued on and soon were at the front gates of Apple White's castle.
"In the bushes!" Raven said pushing Hunter. They didn't want to be seen since people were getting into the castle for the wedding.

Inside the chapel, the large room was buzzing with guests. "Oh Daring! Can you believe today is your brother's wedding day?" Rosabella said with her arm wrapped around Daring's waist.

"I can't believe it either, Time flew by way too fast." Daring said with a hearty chuckle. Just about a month ago Daring transformed into a human again from his beastly curse. Of course Rosabella being the cause, they got married a week after because as a stubborn and Grimm brother once told them, "it is never too quick too marry."

                              ~•~

Hunter stares silently at a now distraught Raven. She looked at Hunter  straight in the eye and said,"We're the stronger ones, we don't need to hide from them!"

"But you just sai-"

"Shut up Hunter!"

"B-but what about hiding behind this bush!"

"A girl can change their mind gah!"

~*~
"Why hello there Mr. and Mrs. Charming!"

A familiar voiced giggled. Rosabella and Daring turned to see Queen Blondielockes sitting next to them. She became queen of the Lock village after she vowed her goodness like her mother not too long ago. "It's so fairy nice to see you again Blondie!" Rosabella said.

"Nice to see you too! Can you believe Apple is marrying Dexter today!" Blondie squealed.

Blondie was always a follower of Apple.

"I can't believe it. It's ironic if you think about it really, I was the one everyone thought would end up with Apple, but I never expected it to be Dex." Daring said. "Tell me about it, when I found out Dexter was the one who woke up Apple, I was so confused!" Blondie said full of expression.

"...but he didn't"

~•~

A loud sound echoed the room, the three of them turned to see a glass cask being pushed to the front.

"Oh dear..." Blondie said. Tears started to well up in Rosabella's eyes for what she saw was her cousin, Briar Beauty in a cask in her 100 year sleep.

"It's alright." Daring said holding Rosabella closer. Rosabella wiped a tear away and smiled. At least she could make it.
~•~
"Hello!" Ashlynn popped in sitting down.

"Ash!" Blondie squealed giving her a hug.
~•~
Ashylnn quickly quickly hugged back, only too look back and stare frantically for Hunter, where was he?
~•~
Dexter was a hot mess. He was sweating everywhere and could barely breathe in his suit! He could really use his sister Darling's help about now. But she hasn't been found since forever  after.

He looked at the clock. 10:58.

He should head out now since the wedding starts at 11:00. He stepped out of the dressing room and looked at the huge beautiful chapel. Red, gold, and white flowers and silks dressed the entire room. He would have preferred blue and gold, but Apple shushed the idea away.

"Raven," He whispered, a final plead for help.
~•~
The room started to to go quiet as the music started. Now was the most important time of his life.

Not only for him. But for Fairytale history. He saw his brother, Daring Charming at the front with Rosabella. He saw many familiar faces from Ever After High, but not his closest friends. Some he never even knew. 

After all the bridesmaids and men passed it was time for Apple White.

All eyes were on her since she was the fairest and most beautiful of them all. Dexter thought other things about her, but it wasn't his opinions that mattered.
It was destiny.

He put on a fake smile as she entered. Her dress was more than perfect, she had effortless blonde curls, fairy dust as makeup, pearls picked by mermaids as her jewelry, and a white and gold dress that was spun by mice. She smiled brightly absorbing all her attention, all though Ashlynn could sense the force in her smile.
It was fake.

This was her day and moment, whether she wanted Dexter or not- she was getting a happily ever after, right?

She finally reached the front and faced Dexter.

"Do you Apple White take Dexter Charming as your lawfully wedded husband?" The Vicar said.

"I do." She said, instantly thinking off Raven.

She doesn't want this- no she does- she doesn't! But alas she could not turn back- it was for fairytale's sake.

"Do you Dexter Charming take Apple White as your lawfully wedded wife?"

"I-"

The doors slammed open. Purple smoke filled the room.

Slowly, Queen Raven revealed herself.
"Well look what we have here..." Raven said with a toothy smile. Many people screamed, and many damsels fainted.

"RAVEN!" Apple screamed walking down the steps.

"What? Did I interrupt anything?" Raven smirked.

"MY happily ever after!" Apple stomped, not knowing what the heck she was doing!

Raven's smile disappeared quickly.

"Yours?! You dot deserve anything! Youra selfish princess! And your time is gone!"

"So are you!"
~•~

Finally, after the smoke was gone something else was too.

"Where's Dexter?" Rosabella said. "Raven must've fairy-napped him!"

Blondie shrieked.

Apple stared blankly onwards.

"What do we do now? We can't have a wedding without the groom!" Blondie squealed

"There's only one thing we can do" Daring said. "And that is to fight against Raven."

"No!" Said Rosabella, Apple and Ashlynn said in unison.

************

Written by both wildplants- and Light_and_Luna