1998: March

2. March-

Bobbie:

Quick, short entry- I only hope I can stash this before I get caught. He-Carrow tried to rip out my safety pin ear-rings today...so I kicked him in the balls. I'm hiding. It was after Potions, so I'm already too near the dungeons. I know I'm near Slytherin house. I'm going to have to pray Draco gets this first.

Shit, here they come.

~L'elly.

8. March-

Bobbie:

This is going to be one long entry. I've got a lot of back-writing to do.

After I wrote my last entry, I was found by she and he Carrow and dragged down to the dungeons. They tried to go for the safety pins, but I'd charmed them with a bit of protection, so I didn't end up with huge gashes in my ears. They did chain me up, though. They left me there, hanging.

On the third, they came back and he-Carrow whipped me while she-Carrow taunted. I tuned out. I didn't want to bother arguing and I had to use my energies and my focus to keep from passing out. God, that hurt. They then tossed me in a cell. I was there without food for the entirety of the fourth. I started to hallucinate either that day or the fifth, but with no light down there, it was kind of hard to tell which. I hadn't eaten in a long while and the last water I had was after the whipping on the third.

The sixth was excruciating, not necessarily physically, but emotionally. Apparently, the he-and-she Carrows have been suspecting that Draco may be friends with one of the Gryffindor students. Badness. He ended up in my cell on the sixth.

I heard the he-Carrow cackle as he closed the door, "We'd better hear her screaming, Malfoy, or else we're going to be reporting to the Dark Lord that you are helping them."

The door slammed shut and I heard the bolt slam locked.

Draco lit the lamps or something and knelt over me, "You heard what they said...we've got to make this convincing."

I croaked, you know, like a dying frog, and tried to tell him that I really needed water before any screaming would happen, but the he-Carrow opened the door again and so Draco pinched me, HARD, and I tried to scream, but it barely came out.

"If you want to hear her scream, Carrow, she's got to have water- this girl's as parched as a desert and can barely speak." The he-Carrow muttered something and then came back shortly later with a murky glass of water, which I drank anyway, spilling some of it but getting most of it down. At that point, I am sure I would have guzzled just about any liquid, no matter how vile. The he-Carrow left.

Draco quickly explained, "Look, they say that if I can torture you to make you scream, they'll let us both out. Please, help me out here."

I shook my head, "Can't scream, nothing left." I still sounded like death warmed over.

"What do I do?"

"Hit me with your best shot."

He Crucio'ed me. I screamed. I was far too weak to resist it. God, that damn thing SUCKS ASS! He did it a second time. Third go, I passed out. I'm not sure what happened. I seem to remember something being said about me being dumped in a common room. I know I was carried somewhere, but I can't remember how.

I woke up on the seventh with Ginny sitting next to my bed, my diary in her hands, keeping watch, "My god, L'elly, we were so worried...Mme Pomfrey's been down here twice today already, trying to get you to wake up."