1997: January

1. January (just barely!)-

Bobbie:

It's 1997, and has been for about four minutes. Neville's gran is hilarious and she and Ted have been trading stories for something like the past hour. Neville and Luna are playing Exploding Snap. I was playing with them, but I need a break from everyone. Tonks tried to kiss Daddy at the final chime of the clock, but he dodged and she ended up stumbling into Kingsley instead. He took it well. Daddy vanished off somewhere- he said he had some business to do. Gah.

I just wish that this year was going to be an easy one- I wish that everything suddenly would turn out all right, and we'd all be one happy family and things wouldn't be so hard to figure out, but I know that's not going to happen, by any measure. If anything, things are just going to get worse.

The party, however, has been fabulous so far. Minerva and I played a game of wizard's chess, I got to dance with Daddy, Tonks challenged me to an intense game of Twister (Luna also competed, and Neville called out the challenges- and I so won), and Andi's gearing up for karaoke. It's going to be a blast, especially since Ted is HUGE into Muggle rock music! Hermione is excited, though she says she can't sing, and Ron is trying to egg her on. Someone got Harry a little tipsy, and he seems eager to try his best...I keep dropping hints that he should sing Free Bird. The twins have joined me in this mission and we seem to be doing fairly well in convincing Harry that he should sing. We'll have to see if we're successfull in a few minutes!

Oh, and another fabulous thing- Daddy brought my kitten here! Mr Shorty is still pretty short, but he's having so much fun with all the people and I am so happy to have him back! I think I am going to take him to school with me- he's old enough and he's absolutely adorable.

It's nice to be able to forget about all the crap that is going on in the world and to just be with friends and family.

~L'elly.

4. January-

Bobbie:

I think I've finally recovered from the party.

Harry can't sing worth a lick. Hermione, on the other hand, isn't terrible. She and Luna sang some crazy 70s pop music. Harry did try Free Bird. It was hilarious. Fred and George insisted on being his backup singers. We had a blast, and I think Andi took pictures.

I got a note from Draco this morning. Arthur brought it over. He said he found it in his mailbox at work just before he left last night.

L'elly-

Saw Dad today- he didn't look good. He's tired, he's not eating much, and he's grimy. I wish he could come home. I know I shouldn't be complaining- with the mistake he made, he's lucky that he's alive and that the only thing the Dark Lord did was to leave him to the Ministry.