1996: September

1. September-

Dear Diary-

I shall name you Bobbie. I don't know why, really, but Daddy suggested it (he said it was a good, solid name, for a boy or a girl) and though Papa used to say Daddy was too silly sometimes, I think Daddy's right that I should call you Bobbie.

Tomorrow I start classes here at Hogwarts- since I am almost sixteen and Daddy once taught here, I know enough to start as a sixth year, even if I had to take all those annoying examinations over the summer to take the higher level classes- the OWL examinations were a pain in my young arse.

Daddy says things are going to be hard at school- not only classes, but because I had, until this past Spring, two fathers. When Papa died, Daddy stopped being as silly as he used to be- hopefully things will get better from here on out. I miss all the zany little adventures we used to have in Daddy's shabby flat and in the house of Black. I hope I can find a few friends here so I can write home about adventures at Hogwarts.

It has been odd, how things have been these past few years. Papa came to live with us (sort of) when I was thirteen. I have to say 'sort of' because he had to visit us for a few days at a time and he had to be in his Anamagus form most of the time. It was very strange hearing Daddy calling Papa 'Padfoot' and taking him out for walks so we could go to the park together. He didn't live in the same house as us until the summer before I turned fifteen- but he was still Papa nonetheless.

Daddy and I had been living in London in a very ratty little flat. It wasn't really a nice place, but until he worked at Hogwarts, it was the best he could afford. While he taught, I lived with the Weasley family- a lovely couple with a lot of children. Apparently, two of them are still at Hogwarts. After that, we went back to our flat for a year and then we moved into Papa's family house- the Black family manor. Papa hated it, but Daddy made the best of it and I just stayed out of the way of the adults; they were always working for the Order of the Phoenix. There were other students there, but I just hid and I don't think they ever realised I was there. I suppose it will be a surprise to them when I show up in their classes and know their names before they know mine. You learn a lot about people by watching and listening when they don't know you are keeping tabs on them.

Daddy says I mustn't be afraid to speak my mind, write everything down, and stand up for what I know to be right- very few students have two Fathers and even fewer are werewolf friendly. I suppose I will just have to find the ones who are and find my friends that way.

I need to get to bed now, it's lights out in Gryffindor tower and I have written a huge lot!

(This is the only time I'm going to sign my full name, so pay close attention!)

Good night!

~Lewellyn Wilde Lupin-Black

(note: I changed my name when I went to live with Daddy- he helped me to pick my name- before it was Jill Rowe...ugh, so terribly droll!)

2. September-

Bobbie: