1996: November

1. November-

Bobbie:

The entire castle is talking about what we managed to pull off last night- and everyone has ideas, but no one can be certain who pulled it off!

Most of Gryffindor things that Potter had to have something to do with it, but they aren't sure- and anyone who knows of Papa's reputation is certain that I had my hand in the pot...but as I suspected, there isn't anyone who has proof! The Ravenclaws and Hufflepuffs are blaming the Slytherins, but the Slytherins are most certain it was the Gryffindors- as I heard Pansy Parkinson saying to Millicent Bullstrode, "There is no way any self respecting Slytherin would make such a mockery of the Dark Lord's name!" Glad to know we've struck a chord!

I just sent my letter to Daddy today- seeing as the Ministry is being boorish with some stupid werewolf laws- something about wanting them contained...I really have to get my hands on that newspaper and keep up with this, it could be bad- his letter may be confiscated! Thankfully the Ministry doesn't really know where Daddy lives, so we may be a little safer than most folks in our position.

Will write a little more later- I have to get to class...Defense Against the Dark Arts- and I am trying to keep on the safe side and not anger Professor Snape again!

Cheers-

~L'elly

After Quiddich practice-

Bobbie:

We are going to be utterly DECIMATED on the Quiddich pitch tomorrow. We're so bad, I heard that Ron was thinking of quitting the team so we would just forfeit, instead of having to suffer the total embarrassment that the game tomorrow will be. Ginny's trying to rally the team, but even she's having a hard time with that- after all, she is ON the team.

Collin has been trying to organise a cheering squad for the match, but we're all so nervous. The Slytherins will never let us live down the humiliation that tomorrow will be. I've been assigned to the glitter brigade, though, since no one can be sad with enough glitter. I have to charm the posters to sparkle. I also have learned how to shoot glittery streamers from my wand, so I will try to get that going during the team's fly-in before the game begins...but I don't think I'll have much use for them during the game itself.

Bah.

~L'elly.

Later Today-

Bobbie:

More from the curious encounters with Draco Malfoy!

I seriously think that young man is just very confused.

I was wandering near the Astronomy tower- it is rather nice up there in the evening just before everyone is called to bed and before Astronomy class- when I heard someone up there...being curious (I'm a Lupin-Black, the fault is inherited), I decided to check out the source of said noise. There was Draco, just sitting there rather tired looking and almost sad. I suppose I must have startled him- his head snapped up from where it was drooping over a book and he was suddenly alert and aware. I froze- I will admit, I am more than wary of him. He said the strangest thing, "Oh, it's only you." He went back to his book for a few moments while I went to look at the sky. He kept glancing over at me like I was either intruding or he was wondering what I was doing on such a cold night in such a cold tower with only a polo shirt and jeans on- whatever it was, he spoke to me again, "What are you doing up here, anyway?" I was a little startled, but I managed to shrug and tell him that I just wanted to look at the stars before bed- Papa and Daddy used to have stargazing evenings...