What Happened to the FFAC kids during the Battle of Hogwarts {Part 3}

Start from the beginning

He had found me-just like he promised. He was alright and that's all I cared about. From across the courtyard and through all the war I saw the face of a boy I loved and a boy who loved me. I watched as the faintest tug of a smile pulled up his lips and I wanted nothing but to reach out and hold his face.

A single stream of green feathery light collided with his back and I watched in horror as the one shred of happiness through all this chaos turned icy black. I felt my soul being ripped out through my throat.

I watched it all and was forced to sit restrained back with chains of slowed down devastation wrapped around my body, unable to do anything but watch. Watch as the beautiful light in his eyes was taken by two simple words and he fell. A shocked expression left on his face as his knees collided with the crumbled stone and he fell. He slipped from my grasp before I could even reach him and his lifeless eyes stared back at me as I watched him fall, far away from where I could never get him again.

My world slowed to a halt and I felt every thought in my mind vanish into silence other than complete and utter trauma. My blood went icy cold as I watched his lifeless body collide with the ground.

A scream silent to me toppled from my lips and my vision blurred with clouds of red. I sprinted through the courtyard and tripped over rocks to get to him.

"No. No no no." My hands shaking and my legs heavy, I fell to his side and turned him over out of the gravel.

A man in black robes appeared to my right with a laugh and I zipped my wand sending the wall down onto him and crushing him underneath. The wood slipped out of my fingers and onto the gravel as I looked back to David. Behind his now broken glasses, blank blue eyes stared back at me.

"Please no." I choked out holding his face in my hands my entire body shaking with agony. I wiped strands of his messy hair off of his cold skin as tears spilled out of my eyes.

"Don't leave me." My stomach churned and I felt sadness mark its permanent place deep within my heart with a rusted black knife. The world felt cold and empty. The tears poured softly and collided with skin as I held him tightly to my chest wishing that my heart could give its broken half to him and bring him back.

A pair of arms wrapped tightly around my stomach and pulled me back. I screamed in fear and reached for him. Reached for the boy who could never reach back. My index hooked onto the knot of his blue and grey scarf and it slipped off into my hands. I sent an elbow back onto the person holding me and they let go. I tried to run back but felt my arms stick to my sides and I fell to the ground screaming.

"Maddie!" Presley shouted as I twisted on the ground.

"Madison stop!"

There was nothing I could do. Droplets continued to fall from my eyes and I stopped moving. My breath shook and I lay on the ground unable to do anything else. I stared at the black sky through thickening tears and felt my limbs run cold.

"Maddie get up." I heard Vivian say from the side. Noticing my now movable arms I pulled the Ravenclaw scarf up to my chest and hugged onto it.

"We have to keep going." The burning and crashing around me returned with screams and spells at its side. I felt my jaw tighten and I stabled myself slowly pulling myself to my feet.

"We'll get you somewhere safe." Vivian said running up to Gianna and shooting a spell behind her. Wrapping the scarf around my neck, I turned to the three.

"No."

I was torn apart inside and there was no doubting that, but I'd kill a hundred death eaters if I had to. I watched the three shift in the rocks almost uncomfortably, but without a word the fight continued with friends by my side. I shouted spells with every ounce of hatred and distress I had.

We each turned quickly to the bridge when a slithery icy hand brushed our arms to see millions of dementors like ink crowding towards us to suck out what life was left in our souls. A man, a ghost it seemed of Albus Dumbledore, appeared and with a wave of his wand sent them flying back with a powerful wispy patronus. With a disgusting screech a large spider jumped onto Presley preparing to rip off her limbs.

"Confringo!" Vivian shouted and sending the spider flying off into the rocks and running to help Presley up.

A hiss abruptly broke through to our ears and invaded our mind with harsh devilish whispers.

"You've fought valiantly...but in vain." Voldemort hushed, breathing into our minds with an icy coo. Out of fear and almost curiosity the war slowed as each entity turned their attention to the meddlesome words. Voldemort himself seems to be at our sides. Circling us like a hawk does to its prey and taunting us with a chilling message. It was as if you could brush up against his ratted black cloak.

"I do not wish this. Every drop of magical blood spilled is a terrible waste." The whispers echoed in my skull as I felt myself regretfully turning to see David still on the ground and staring. I instinctively clutched the knitted cotton around my neck.

"I therefore command my forces to retreat...In their absence, dispose your dead with dignity." The people in black around us silenced their spells and vanished in unison with billowing black smoke.

It was eerily silent. No one spoke. No one cried. No spells were casted. It almost seemed as though no one breathed. Fire crackled and wind blew, but that was all. Our heads were held low and no one looked at anything in particular. We stood with our wands dangling limply at our sides and our mouths agape.

The stunned silence was broken by a footstep sending a cautious shift throughout the crowd. Every student and staff turned to the doors of Hogwarts to see Professor McGonagall with her hands folded in front of her.

"Students." She said with a faint voice and sadness in her tone. "If you would please-" she stopped and breathed, "gather those who have fallen. And are injured, bring them to the great hall where they will be cared for by Ms. Pomfrey and the other staff." She moved aside from the door as slowly the students came back to life like a music box ballerina wound back up again. They shifted towards each other cautious of every step as if when they blinked Voldemort would return.

I turned with my head lowered and hands still shaking towards Gianna, Vivian, and Presley and they nodded their heads knowingly.

Placing my wand back in my pocket my feet drifted me back towards David's body on the ground. With every step I prayed he would breathe again. I pictured him sucking in air and blinking back to life. I wanted him to say it was a joke, I wanted him to never of existed, I wanted anything but this. I held my lip in my teeth to avoid tears as I dropped slowly into the gravel at his side. My heart throbbed in my ears and I knew my fingers were as cold as ice. My hand slipped under his head and with the other I took off his glasses. It wouldn't work I couldn't stop the tears I felt as my shoulders shook and my eyes glossed over. Regretful salty tears slipped onto his cheek as I wiped my own tears off his skin and shut his eyes. He was gone.

---

To be continued...

(Only 5 parts)