Chapter 4: How have you been?

Tori's p.o.v.

"Tori, wake up everyone's downstairs." Some shook me, trying to wake me up. I tried to push them away but they just kept pulling on my blanket. I huffed, "ok I'm up! You happy?" I looked to see who was shaking me and of course it was jade. Wait if jades here with 'everyone' that could only mean Justin is here too. Great. I walked into my bathroom and took a shower. I decided to dress cute today, but I wasn't trying to impress anyone. At least that's what I want to think.

I walked out my room and to Drew's,but he wasn't there. I heard laughing from downstairs and followed the noise. I saw everyone sitting on the couch talking. Once I made it to the last step they all turned and looked at me. I waved and walked into the kitchen. I made myself a cup of coffee and put my waffles in the toaster. As I was waiting I felt someone walk into the kitchen. I turned around to find justin staring at me. "Uh hi." I said before turning back around. Flipping out inside just a little.

I saw out of the corner of my eye, justin come and stand against the counter about five feet away from me. "How have you been?" He asked. "Uh look justin, I appreciate the fact that you want to be friends again or whatever your trying to make happen again, but I'm really happy on my own. So I'm sorry in advance if I'm not exactly 'friendly' with you." I said to him before walking out with my waffles and coffee.

I ate half my breakfast before loosing my appetite thinking about justin. Every thought I had about him made me want to cry. I threw away whatever was left and snuck upstairs to change into some exercise clothes. I didn't want to disrupt everyone by going out the front door so I just went though the garage instead. I got to a park about 4 miles away from home before turning around and heading back.

When I got home I just walked through the front door. I saw everyone looking worried as ever. They jumped to their feet when they heard the door close. My mom and jade came rushing to me. "Tori, where the hell did you go? You can't just run off like that!" My mom yelled. I felt myself about to crying because I remember this exact situation happened once before with scooter and justin. I ran up to my room before slamming my door closed. I laid on my bed just sobbing away my sorrows.

When I woke up it was night time. I looked at the clock and it read 7:36. I jumped out of bed and ran downstairs. No body was in the living besides Drew sitting on the couch. I walked over to him. "Drew are you here alone? I'm so sorry baby." I said hugging him. "No mommy! Justin is here." He said pointing to the entrance way into the living room. He was just smiling at us and i couldn't help but smile back.

"Um, thank you justin. For watching drew." I nodded his head down. "It was my pleasure. You have a great kid." I smiled and looked down at drew. "Well drew I think it's time for a bath, then off to bed." I said to drew. He put a frown face on and tried to look all sad. "Oh no buddy, you can't pull that with me." I got up, pulling drew into me so I could carry him upstairs. I had almost forgotten Justin was still standing there. He seemed to be in a daze. I waved my hand In front of Justin's face, which seemed to pull him out of his trance.

"I-I guess I'll be going?" I nodded and walked upstairs. I glanced back at him and saw he was already staring at me. I slightly smiled then walked the rest of the way. I gave drew a bath and let him pick out his pajamas. I read him a story before shutting the lights off. I changed into my pajamas and walked back downstairs. I went to the kitchen and made a bowl of popcorn, I decided tonight was a good movie night.

Justin's p.o.v.

I decided to walk back to jades house instead of call Ryan to come pick me up. I really needed to clear my head. I didn't exactly know what to think. I mean I was happy that tori didn't seem to hate me. Then again she could just very well be hiding it. I walked up the steps to jades house and walked in quietly. I was about to walk upstairs, but I saw Ryan in the kitchen. "Hey man, what's up?" I said to him. "Ah nothing. Just hanging out? How about you? Where were you?" I walked to the fridge and grabbed a water before sitting next to him and the counter top.

"I was over at tori's house. I watched drew for a little before she woke up and came to get him." He nodded. "How'd it feel seeing her again?" I shrugged. "I don't know. But she was so beautiful. I can't help but still love her. I know she probably doesn't feel the same, which sucks." I sighed.

"Why do you think that?" Ryan asked me. "Whenever I'm around she gets all antsy, like she doesn't even want to be in the same room as me. Whenever I'm around her, I can't even find words to say to her. Sorry just isn't enough. She and I both know that." Ryan got up to put his cup in the sink. "I don't know man. I do know that she still likes you, you can see it on her face every time she looks at you. She probably feels the same way you do. You both are just too scared to make a move. That's your problem." I nodded.

"Justin, I really think you should go back over to her house. Tell her how you feel and see what happens. Chances are she feels the same you do." Ryan came to pat my back. "And what if she doesn't feel the same way?" I dressed asking this question but I knew it had to be asked. "Then you fight for her." He said. He walked back upstairs. I sat in the seat thinking things though. Making sure I knew exactly what I was going to say. I got up, grabbed my jacket and walked back to Tori's house.