Chapter 9: Status

Mulai dari awal

I rolled my eyes, "I don't care." I said folding my arms. I don't care what he thinks about me, that's all him.

Soon we all met up near the vans and Castillo was talking. I stood by Bonnie and cleaned my glasses. I took the spray out and sprayed the lenses but needed something to wipe it off on. I felt Kash's presence and he stood before me and took my glasses. He cleaned it off with the ends of his shirt and then put it back on my face. I looked at him as my eyes readjusted and he smiled. I smiled back at him and he pulled me so that I stood before him. He locked his arms around me as Castillo was talking.

"You made Liv ask me about what our status was?" he asked me putting his mouth by my ear.

"Not at all. She asked you that for herself." I said.

Kash laughed and squeezed me tighter. "When we come back, I'm probably going to be really tired and need some relief. Do you think you could..." he started saying.

"No, Kash. Stop asking me." I shook my head. That makes me uncomfortable, just the thought.

"Come on, you can stay up for an extra hour or two. And it's not like those wack scenes in the romantic movies you watch where I stay on top all the time. We can move around a bit and we don't have to be on the bed." he said. I pulled away from him and stood there with my hands crossed.

"Ask Kat to do that for you. She'll be happy to." I said.

He laughed, "Jealous." he said.

"Shoot if you have to. If they keep talking shit_ and won't accept the money any later then by all means kill them if you have to." Castillo said.

"And when we got to Vegas, don't make any small talk. Get straight to business. Blaze and Slim like to talk too much and stall. In and out. We let them know what needs to be done." Kash added in.

Later on me, Kash, and Veronica were in a van together. Veronica sat in the front seat next to Kash and I sprawled off on the back seat. "Is it going to be a long drive?" I asked Kash.

"No," he said with no emotion in his voice, "Like 40 minutes." he said. I looked at my time and it was a little past 5  in the afternoon. I don't know what exactly is about to happen but I know I'll never forget it.

At 5:58 we were off the road and driving into a dry sandy path. It was getting hotter as we drove further and further away from the road and out of view. The van that Castillo, Bonnie and London were in drove far off ahead of us and the van with Elliot, Travis, Kat and Liv were behind us.

"Cam, do you know how to shoot a gun?" he asked me.

"Why? Do I have to shoot a gun?" I asked him.

"Do you know how to? That's my question." he said.

"Uh, I learned how to years ago but..." I said to him.

"How did you learn?" he asked me.

"TV" I shrugged and he wasn't happy with that answer.

"Reach under the seat," he said. I already knew what would be awaiting me. He has guns tucked away everywhere and when he leaves he tells me to take one and not to make too much movement. "I want you to stay in the car. If anything goes down and they start shooting, duck, matter fact don't even let them see you in the first place." he said.

"If anything happens to Veronica or I, hop in the front seat and drive as fast as you can. We don't leave our family behind but save your own ass_ if you have to." he said. I nodded as my throat knotted up.

"You guys will be safe right?" I asked him. We approached a bunch of black vans lined up with some guys standing there. They looked scary. Big and tall with rifles in their hands and some with long blades. Their shoes were dusty with sand from pacing around waiting for us.