Chapter 17 ♥ From Time

PLEASE LEAVE FEEDBACK

NO HASSAN IN THIS CHAPTER

LET ME APOLOGIZE FOR THE DEPRESSION IN ADVANCE

*******

1:00 a.m.

Brooklyn, New York

Monday Morning

The Anniversary

********

♥Money's POV

My body woke up on its own as the smell of weed circulated through the condo. I got up leaving my hair wild not caring to prep myself for what I was about to witness because I already have a pretty good idea.

I walked out of my room and stood at the top of the staircase staring down at the view in front of me.

Trey and Ryan were sitting on the couch with their backs facing me. It was no less than twenty blunts lined up on the table and two less than full bottles of plain ciroc. J Cole could be heard blasting through the entire house.

I didn't speak, just watched. I've always admired their matching tattoos. On one side of their shoulder blades they have "My Brothers Keeper" in plain bold lettering and on the side they have the date of the anniversary in Roman numerals.

Trey hit the blunt while Ryan took a shot straight from the bottle. They didn't exchange any words but they never have to.

"Its today huh?" they both turned around when they heard my voice and numbly nodded while I analyzed their blood shot red eyes. I've never seen them cry, ever, but it's obvious that they're pretty close.

I walked down the stairs and across the soft plush carpet. When I sat on the couch between them I immediately drifted closer to Ryan letting my head rest on his shoulder while I folded my legs under each other.

"Seven years B, she been gone for seven fuckin years," Trey shook his head "We couldn't even afford to bury her," he laughed bitterly "Ain't that some shit?" he grabbed the other bottle off of the table and downed a third of it.

~Flashback~

Same Day, Two Years Prior

Trey walked out of the house slamming the door. I immidiately felt bad, I don't know what I said.

"It's not you aight? He wouldn't ever be mad at you like that... it's just that today, it's just, it's not a good day for us." I turned around and looked at him

"He seemed upset,I was trying to cheer him up and-" He cut me off

"You can't cheer him up," Ryan smiled but it was a sad smile "Come 'ere," I walked over to the couch and sat next to him.

"She was beautiful," He started "She had these hazel eyes and she had dimples with the prettiest smile that fixed everything even when shit seemed unfixable" he smiled fondly

"Stuff was real hard for us though even then, ends never met no matter how hard she tried... she tried so hard," I could tell that he was holding back tears

"When we was twelve she started messing with the her nose... we didn't know... we were young...we thought..." as he drifted off I laid my head on his shoulder in attempt to comfort him and I guess it worked because I felt him relax.

"We came home from school one day and found her in her bed dead laying in a pool of her own blood... she was beat to death."

~End Of Flashback~

"I just wish we had more time with her, feel me?" Ryan exhaled the smoke out of his lungs while Trey spoke.

"I think she'd be proud," their mother seems like she was an amazing person

"Fuck would she be proud of? We deal the same shit that killed her," Ryan said bitterly.

"We just tryna make it," I replied "You didn't choose to do this, you had to," it's sad, but it's true

"Money is the motive," Trey said

"Always has been," Ryan continued

"Always will be," I finished

We sat there and and had a two hour session. Smoke filled our lungs and the air while we took a stroll down our fucked up ass memory lanes.

As children all three of us were deprived so I guess you can say that the money has gone to our heads. No matter what though, we'll always be deprived at the heart because we try to feel the voids we have in our hearts with the money in our pockets and it's never been enough, we'll always feign for more...It's likely that our greed will be the death of us.

That's what happens when you're raised by a nine and a dollar bill though, too much is never enough.

********

PLEASE LEAVE FEEDBACK AND CHECK OUT MY NEW STORY Anonymously Yours !!!