33 days

[ITS A LONG CHAPTER FOR ONCE IN THIS STORY YALL]

"Yknow when I said I wanted to release a bunch of cats on campus?"

"I don't think we've ever forgotten." Ryan squinted up at the sun through his sunglasses.

"I want to do it tonight." Brendon told us. Pete sat up from the grass like a monster in the books, narrowing his eyes at him.

"Are you fucking kidding me?"

"Nope."

Patrick shrugged, wrapped his arms around Petes middle to pull him back down to where he was resting on his chest before. He sighed in opposition but gave in and returned to his previous position. They were so cute, it was disgusting.

"If we can get ice cream on the way home I'm down for it." Ryan smiled with an open mouth like he was going to say something before I interrupted.

"The last time you had ice cream, you got home with Patrick at 3 am and you had literally like 10 gallons of Rocky Road and Chocolate Chip."

Ryan pursed his lips together and shuddered, probably embarrassed at the memory, because we'd all heard him getting sick in the bathroom until 6 am, when he'd given up and passed out in the tub using the shower curtain as a blanket. It was a pure nightmare just to listen to.

"Y'know what? I hate you guys." He broke out in a smile that spread person to person and soon we were all laughing for no specific reason.

"Meet you guys at the jacuzzi as soon as the sun goes down," Brendon interrupted "I'll bring everything."

..:..::..:::..::..:..

"I'm not against this whole, like, cat Armageddon thing, but I wanna know why he's insisting on doing it like, right now," Pete said from across the room, pulling on the hoodie strings of his sweatshirt "knowing him, he would've saved it for an end-of-the-year-go-out-with-a-bang prank, not February."

"Valentine's Day prank?"

Pete laughed and pushed me out the door with him, grabbing some boots for the two of us on the way out "you wish."

I shrugged and we raced down the staircases and out the front door, keeping an eye out on Spencer's door in case we would get caught before we even made it out to the jacuzzi.

..:..::..:::..::..:..

When Pete and I finally scrambled out of the overgrown bushes, everyone else was already there. Patrick was sprawled out on his stomach across the oddly placed cement platform, Ryan's back against his so they were laid out together in an X shape.

Brendon had his head dipped down into a huge box, which I assumed was full of cats, and judging by the copious amount of meows I heard after he folded the flaps shut, he'd bought the entire pet store.

"It's about time," he grinned excitedly and set the box down next to him, Patrick and Ryan both sitting up and rubbing their eyes like they'd been sleeping for a billion years. They probably would've too, taking into the amount of homework and projects assigned nonstop.

"I've thought out a very long and complicated plan that has close to no flaws as long as we follow it exactly," Brendon told us and we scooted in closer to listen. "So first, someone has to set off firecrackers-"

"Dibs." Pete said, and I shot him a glare he didn't care enough to acknowledge.

"Pete will set off firecrackers at each spot he visits, which will be further away each time so you'll have run, and Spencer will sprint out to a couple hundred yards over in this direction, and by then Pete will be gone and setting off another string of firecrackers further away and then another one, and so on. Ryan is gonna infiltrate Spencer's office house with me, and on the way there is when we set out all the cats. We break and enter through the window which he leaves open to circulate the air since it's always humid out, and send out suspension notes to the families of everyone that has ever fucked around with any of us."