74 days

When I woke up a few hours later, he wasn't there. Although, the sheets were still warm so he hadn't left too long ago. But gone is gone and he was nowhere to be found.

And I kinda wish I hadn't gone to look for him, because as soon as I stepped foot in the living room, the front door swung open and there he was. Bundled up in a huge black coat and his stupid ripped jeans, red tinging his cheeks so darkly you would've guessed they were painted on if the skin showing wasn't the color of snow from the cold winds outside. I think the only reason he wasn't crying was because if he did, the tears would freeze solid right then and there.

"I need to break something." He told me between sputtering sobs, and glanced around the room for a minute before an idea gleamed across his eyes.

Brendon left the room and returned a minute later, carrying the spray paint cans and the humongous jars of normal paint we'd bought the other day. He had black gloves fitted over his hands and a keyring packed with keys dangling off the slope of his wrist. 

"I'm going to break something."

---

[side note, I have literally nothing against all the people that are going to be mentioned]

I followed him up the flight of stairs above our floor, slipping on the pair of fingerless gloves he'd passed me that must've been from elementary school because absolutely nobody wore that style anymore.

"Now this," he said finally and stopped in front of room 294 "is Breezy and Jenna's dorm." Immediately, the familiar scent of a candy shop flooded my senses; with a smell like this, I assumed there was no way Breezy and Jenna could've done anything wrong.

"What did they ever do to you?"

"One of them, and I haven't figured out who yet, spread around a rumor that eventually caused #49 to dump me."

"What about the one that didn't?"

"Then they're incredibly attractive and in my mind, that's a perfectly plausible reason to have a personal vendetta against them." He sighed and knelt down, slipping a thin hair pin into the lock on the doorknob.

"Isn't this considered breaking and entering?"

"Not if you're not breaking anything." He swung open the surprisedly unlocked door to reveal the tidiest room I've ever seen.

Pictures framed in black and strung together against a perfectly clean white wall, accentuated with matching furniture and pops of mint green in small accessories placed in fitting spots. From what I could see in the kitchen, even the measuring cups were color coordinated along with some fancy cooking utensils that were probably special ordered from Food Network or some really pricey department store like that.

"Why haven't I broken in here earlier?" Brendon said wondrously and started pulling out spray paint cans.

"What do you think you're doing?!" I whisper yelled at him although I wasn't sure why because literally nobody was here and the only way we'd get caught was if Spencer barged in with some newly acquired bat hearing. And that was probably in the wide realm of possibility.

Brendon gestured to the pristine walls. "Tell me what you see."

"Clean things?"

"Precisely." He said, shook the neon blue spray paint can, and drew a large 'B' on an empty space.

He kept painting over any surface that seemed too nice to leave blank, and there was nothing I could've done unless I wanted to join the walls in the spray paint festival.