His thoughts on the Future

Ponyboy: He wants to graduate from high school, and go onto college, possibly be an English teacher.

               Johnny: He wants to be with you, having you all to himself, maybe traveling a bit, but if he's with you he's happy.

               Sodapop: He'll keep working at the DX for awhile and possibly find a new job, but he loves coming home to you, and maybe having kids later on.

              Steve: He's either going to keep working at the DX, or maybe go work at a car dealership. He wants to travel a lot with you.

              Dally: He really doesn't care. He doesn't have a job and just hangs out, being Dallas. Stealing, getting jailed, etc.. Since you're still in school, you want to keep going and graduate, then go to college and get a job. Dally's thinking about working at Buck's later on.

               Two-Bit: He loves being with you no matter what. And like Dallas, he lives for today and for the moment. Although he does think about the future sometimes, but doesn't really tell you much especially since both of you are in your final year of high school.

             Darry: You're both so happy with each other, you both have working jobs, but absolutely love coming home to you. He's a big softie at heart and wants a family later on.