27; Poison Tastes Sweet

Start from the beginning

"Oh my God," I groan as I swallow the last mouthful.

"How long has it been since you've eaten, Harper?" Elijah asks me with concern laced through his voice.

"I forgot to eat yesterday," I tell him with an embarrassed mutter.

"You forgot?" he asked in disbelief.

"A lot happened yesterday, okay? I just forgot," I say looking at my hands.

He sighs and grabs the bowl. He stands up and goes to the kitchen counter, pouring more cereal and milk into the bowl. Elijah comes back and sets the bowl in front of me again. I smile sheepishly and eat the cereal, a little more slowly this time.

"Your back," I acknowledge for the first time.

"To protect you and the baby, yes. I see that no one's been doing a great job of," he sighs.

"I'm fine," I tell him, rolling my eyes.

"You yourself haven't been taking care of yourself. You didn't even remember to eat," Elijah says to me, making me feel slightly guilty. Rebekah comes through the kitchen dragging a girl's dead body by the wrist. My face twists into disgust.

"Add bleach to the shopping list, will you?" Rebekah sighed as if bothered by her own chore. She passed through the kitchen to the back yard.

"They've been doing a fantastic job," I finally tell Elijah, making him look up at me. "Your siblings, I mean. The witches tried to kill me, because they're convinced my baby is Lucifer. So, I'm not dead, but your brother is angry at me because of me protecting and keeping Davina from you guys," I tell him.

"I am quite angered myself, Harper," Elijah confesses.

I sigh and set down the spoon in the bowl. "You're the only person who can understand this, Elijah. I saved and protected her for a reason. Yes, she was nearly killed by those batshit crazy witch elders, but it's more to that to me," I start, making him look me in the eyes. "After being with her, she reminded me so much of-"

"Elena," he realized. I nodded.

"Elena before our parents died. Elena before she ever knew about vampires. Elena before she herself was ever a vampire," I sigh, shaking my head.

Elijah puts a hand on my shoulder. "If it makes you feel better, Harper, I do understand," Elijah told me, making me smile. "Have you told Klaus?" Elijah asks.

"Like he'd understand," I scoff, rolling my eyes.

"He loves you. He won't be angry with you forever, Harper. Just remember that," Elijah tells me with a reassuring smile. "Back to the murderous witches, I have some concerns," he changes the subject.

"They're evil witches that want to kill me and my baby, and my life is still magically linked to Sophie Devereaux, which does not comfort me," I tell him.

"Yes, I think it is time we took care of that little problem," Elijah tells me.

"I am all for it," Rebekah comes back without the dead body. "As soon as they are unlinked, we get to leave this crap town. Who do we have to kill?" Rebekah asks, making me smirk.

"Probably no one., Elijah calls out. I give him a look that screams 'really?'. "All right. Potentially everyone," Elijah reevaluates.

"That's better," I smile wickedly.

______

I decided to stay home. It's better than distressing the situation between Klaus and I further. I wondered if Elijah was right about telling him about Davina being some sort of symbolism. I also wondered if it was wrong and selfish if I used Davina for that.