Chapter Ten

Hey! I got to update a little earlier, YAY!!  Hope you've liked it so far! Please remember to vote and comment! I would love the support and feedback! So tell me how you like it and if you think I should do anything to make it better! Hope you enjoy!

                          ~Adrain's POV~
     The date was amazing. I can't believe how much of an impact Arabella has left on my life. I walk her back to the palace, staring at her adoringly. She's amazing, the way she laughs, talks, smiles, walks, even just the way she looks at me sends me deeper under the spell she's put me under.
    I walk her to her bedroom and smile at her, sad that she has to go. I just want to spend everyday with her, laughing, smiling, having fun, being happy. She changed so much in my life. I was a different person before she came into my life, I was colder, meaner, ruthless, and merciless. I wouldn't care about someone's feelings if they did something I didn't like, I would just punish them until I thought they'd learned a lesson. But ever since I met Arabella, I was different, I thought about feelings more, I became nicer, warmer, and gave mercy to those who did wrong, I was happier. My family could see the change, and they've been so happy, but they don't know who caused it yet. I don't want them to know, they would hound her, telling her how much good she's done in my life. I don't want her to see what I used to be like. She's such a caring, kind, gentle, loving person that I wouldn't want to taint her with my cold, heartless self.  I have my secrets and she has hers. I'm going to find out what happened in her life back at her home that caused her so much pain.
     "Good night, Arabella, I had fun today."  I smile down at her as she leans against her bedroom door. She smiles and leans forward, getting closer to me. My breath catches in my throat as I stare at her. She's so perfect.
     "Good night, Adrian, I had fun today too."  I lean down and capture her soft lips with mine, wanting to draw out this moment before I let her go to bed. Her lips moving in time with mine is the most amazing thing I've ever felt in my life. I'm going to make her mine.  The thought enters my head as I pull back, staring lovingly at the beautiful creature in front of me. Shock flows through me, Am I in love with her? It's only been a few days, but I've fallen deeper and deeper under her spell with every passing minute. Can a few days be enough to fall in love? I think it's enough. Arabella is going to be mine.
     "Have a good night. I'll see you in the morning." I say, pressing a light kiss on her lips, before walking away, smiling happily.
     I go to my room and enter, sighing as I lay on my bed.  I just want this all to end, everyone but Arabella leave, and just give me peace and quiet. I never wanted to have a Selection, I never understood why I couldn't rule the kingdom on my own, I didn't want a wife. Man, I've changed a lot. 
                              ~Flashback ~
    "Son, we need to talk." My father begins as I sit down at the table for dinner. I look over at him, he looks nervous. I'm not going to like this.
     "Yes, Father?" I ask, waiting for him to go on.
     "Well, your mother and I have talked and we thought that it would be a good time, since you're of age now, that it's time for you to have your Selection." He says, calmly waiting for my reply.
     "What?! I don't want to have a Selection, I'm just fine ruling the kingdom on my own. I don't want or need a wife!" I argue, looking between my mother and father. My father narrows his eyes, and my mother looks at me sternly.
     "This is not open for a discussion. You are having a Selection, no questions asked. I didn't tell you this so you could decide if you wanted it or not, I told you so you'd have time to prepare. It is beginning in three weeks, so you better get your attitude together and be ready for them to come. Because like it or not, you are having a wife by the time you are King." My father says, sternly.  I narrow my eyes, this is so unfair.  I don't want a bunch of spoiled brats that think they can win the Prince over invading my home for months. I'm going to have to date them all at once, then pick one I tolerate enough to spend my life with. I shudder at the thought. 
      "This is so unfair, why do I have to have a Selection?"  My father, sighs, shaking his head as if I'm some child that doesn't understand anything. My eyes narrow even more as he does this.
     "Because, son, having a wife will balance you out. She will bring out a more gentle side of you.  I found your mother during my Selection, after all. You could find your true love during yours, as I did mine."  My mother and father smile lovingly at each other while I scoff, rolling my eyes. Stupid, there's no such thing as true love. It only exists in stories. 
     "Fine, I'll do the Selection, but I can't promise you that I'll fine love while it's going on." I say coldly, getting out of my seat and storming out. "I'll take breakfast in my room today." I walk up the stairs and to my room, fuming the whole way up. How can they do this to me? They'll force their son to go through something he doesn't want to be a part of? It's so unfair! I flop onto my bed, letting out a long sigh. Sometimes I really hate it here. I need to get away for a while.
     I smirk, getting up and walking out of my room.  I'm going on a trip.
               ~End of Flashback~
     I sigh, thinking back on the day I first met Arabella. It was such a perfect day, I don't know why I chose to go to South Carolina, I just felt like I had to, now I'm happy that I did.  I got to meet the most amazing girl while I was there.  I need to know what happened to her. Her eyes held so much fear and pain in them when I asked what happened to her. I want to get rid of that pain, that fear, I want it to be replaced with happiness and love. Love for me. I'm going to make her fall for me.  I smile, thinking of what I'm going to do. 
     I look over at the clock I have mounted on the wall and am surprised when I see that it's past midnight. I've been lost in my thoughts for so long. I had dropped Ara off a little past nine o'clock. I get up and get ready for bed, laying in bed and drifting off to sleep with thoughts of Arabella on my mind.
     The next few days go by quickly, I haven't seen Arabella much, I've been forced to take other girls on dates, I hate every second of it. All of them either try to throw themselves at me, or they try to seduce me into getting into bed with them, every single one of them disgusts me. Except one, Ara's friend, Marley, I think, she talked to me about Arabella.
                          ~Flashback~
I walk to the girls door, Marley, I think her name is, and knock, waiting for her maid to answer the door. Arabella is the only girl I know that answers her door instead of a maid, it's adorable.
     A maid answers and tells me she'll be right out, then Marley comes out, smiling.  I smile back and we start walking. I'm taking her to a movie, I our built in theater room. 
"So you really like Arabella, don't you?" She says, smiling knowingly. A smile works its way onto my face.
"Yeah, I really do. I really like her, she's amazing. She's so sweet, kind, gentle, loving, and she's so beautiful. She makes time stand still when I'm with her." Marley smiles and nods her head.
    "You're whipped." She says, smiling happily. "I'm glad, she's really likes you too, you know.  Whenever I ask her about you, her eyes light up and she starts smiling like crazy. I think she may be well on her way to falling in love with you." I perk up, looking at her, surprised.
"How do you know if you're I love?" Marley looks surprised at first, then smiles hugely.
"Well, the first sign is hurting when they hurt, being sad when they are and happy when they are. The next is missing them when they're gone, even if you only just left them, you think about them non-stop, almost like you can't stop thinking about them, they never leave your mind. You start planning what you're going to do when you see them next, and time seems to stand still when you're with them. The biggest thing to know if you're in love, is if you can't live without them, if they are taken away from you, you wouldn't be able to live anymore, since they aren't with you, by your side." She immediately spouts the list off, as if she knows it by heart, which I think she does.
"Is there someone back home for you that you left to come here?" I ask, shocking her.  She looks down, then back at me, smiling.
"Yeah, there is. His name is Brandon, we've been together since I was 16. I love him with all my heart." I smile, then frown.
"Then why are you here? Why aren't you back home with him?" She looks sad when I ask this question, but still answers.
"My mom, she made me sign up to enter, said we could use the money it would give us. I didn't want to, I wanted to stay home and be with Brandon. He wanted the same thing, but when I was Chosen, he said he'd wait for me. He'd wait for me to come home to him, because he knew I would find a way back to him." She swallows thickly, and an idea comes to mind, I smile.
"Would you like me to send you home?" She looks up at me quickly, smiling.
"Would you? But, wait, you need my help with Arabella, let me stay until she's completely, undeniably, in love with you. Then I'll go home."  I smile, she's giving up so much to help me.
"Ok, thank you. But if you want to leave, just tell me, and I will get you onto the next flight home. Ok?" She smiles and nods, happy. For the rest of the date, we talk about Arabella, what she likes, what she loves, and what she doesn't like. I know what we are doing for our next date.
                     ~End of Flashback~
     The date was three days ago, the girls have been here for over a week now. I haven't gotten to spend much time with Arabella, but the time we did spend together, is always the best part of my day.
     I wake up to a loud alarm going off, fear engulfs me as I realize what that means. Rebel attack. I launch out of my bed, throwing shoes and a coat on, before running out of my room, running into guards on their way to come escort me to the safe rooms.
     "Your highness, we need to get you to your safe room!" One guard yells over the noise. I shake my head, I have to make sure Arabella is alright.
     "Do you know I'd Lady Arabella is safe?" I'm not going anywhere until I know she is safe. The guard nods his head.
     "Yes, she was already escorted to one of the safe rooms, now come with me, we need to get you into safety." I nod, and he starts leading me away, towards the Royal safe room.
                   ~Arabella's POV~
     Fear engulfs me when I hear the alarm, my maids are shaking me awake, telling me to get to safety. They escort me out of the room and into the hallway, it's complete chaos. Guards are running everywhere, shouting to each other over the noise, and girls are screaming and crying, trying to get to safety. My maids lead my towards the hallway, pushing me to a safe room.
     I look behind me, trying to find Marley in the crowd of people, when I see someone holding a gun, aiming it at something. I get a bad feeling in my chest, whatever he is going to shoot at isn't going to be good.  He's definitely not a guard. I don't know what possesses me, but I run forward, towards the man, ignoring the screams and yells of my maids, and keep running towards the man. He's about to pull the trigger when I run into him, pushing his gun off course, so the bullet hits the wall instead of the person. I turn to get a better look at who it was, and fear engulfs me yet again when I see Marley staring at me in fear, tears streaming down her face.
     "Get to the safe room! NOW!" I scream at her over the noise. She understands and starts to run for the room. I watch as she enters the room quickly, into safety, then I sigh in relief and start to run after her. Before I can start running, I feel something grab my arm, yanking me back. I turn and meet the angry eyes of the shooter I had just pushed. My eyes widen in fear as he points a gun at me, aiming at my head, right in between my eyes. I'm not going to let him know I'm scared, so I lift my head up, square my shoulders, and look him straight in the eyes, with fake confidence. He raises an eyebrow, actually believing my act. He studies me and smirks when he realizes who I am. He grips my arm tighter and yells loudly over the noise.
     "I've got Lady Arabella, let's go!" Shock engulfs me, they were looking for me?  He starts to pull me through the hallway, dogging guards and bullets. I struggle, trying to break free of his hold, but it doesn't work. He must get annoyed, because he turns to my and punches me hard in the face. I fall, limp and he catches me, carrying me in his arms, and walks out, with his followers behind him. I try to stay awake, but I'm fighting a losing battle and my eyes fall shut as I lose consciousness.
                        ~Adrian's POV~
     I pace around the room, worried about Arabella. What if they got through the door? What if she didn't actually make it to the safe room? What if she was killed by the Rebels? What if she was captured? Question after question pours into my mind, only adding to the fear and anxiety that's already there.
     "Adrian, sweetie, you need to calm down, you're only making things out to be worse than they will be. Come lay down, try to get some sleep.  The girls are fine, the guards and maids would make sure that they made it to the safe rooms. Just get some sleep and you'll see them in the morning." My mothers calming voice speaks to me from the corner of the room. I turn and see her, my father, and Evalyn all in their cots, staring at me, worried. I sigh, and nod, heading to my cot and laying down. I turn on my side and close my eyes, but images of Arabella, scared, lost, hurt, and crying, all flood my head, keeping me awake. I eventually fall into a deep sleep, thankfully with no dreams to haunt me.
     "Your majesties, it's safe now, you can come out." The voice invades me mind, waking me up. As soon as his words register in my head, I shoot up, looking at the guard at the door.
     "Is Lady Arabella ok?" I don't care if I just told my family what girl is making me so happy, I just want to know if she is ok.
     "A guard is on his way right now, he was just checking on all the girls, making sure they aren't hurt. he should be here any second now." As if on cue, another guard joins the first one, looking at us nervously.  He's silent for a while, and I'm losing patience quickly.
     "Well? Is she alright?" I ask, fed up with the silence. The guard looks at me, nervous, and answers.
     "Lady Arabella was taken by the Rebels last night, your majesty." My heart drops as tears fill my eyes. No, she can't be gone, I need her, she can't leave me. I have to find her. I realize something as those thoughts fill my head. I am completely, undeniably, in love with Arabella Peterson. And I am going to do anything to get her back.
                           ~End of Chapter~
No, my poor baby :(
Hope you like it! Please remember to vote and comment! I would love the support and feedback! Tell me what you think of the chapter! Love you all!