Chapter 37: Facing fears

“Wow, Charlotte. You need to calm down, what's wrong ?”he asks, looking utterly confused.

“G-grayson ! i want to go h- don't make me go I-” I'm calmer than a second ago. He takes my hand and I start stressing again, scared that he'll force me into it, “Grayson, I swear, don't-”

I am cut by his hand making their way up yo my cheek, “Calm down, please. What's wrong ?”

“I..I um..”

“What ?”

“Just don't make me..”I whine.

“I won't, babe. What's wrong ?”

"I-I have claustrophobia. I can't help it, I, well.. I start freacking out. I'm sorry. I get way more scared than most of people that have claustrophobia..”

His eyes become wide and he stares at me for a second then looks down.

“But it doesn't matter..i'm sorry..i'm dumb..let's just go in the tunnel. It's nothing, I-” I speak up.

[ The tunnel looks that the picture down below but is as tight as the second picture]

“No way, i'm sorry

“No way, i'm sorry. I didn't know you-”

“It's..its okay..this so embarassing, I'm so so sorry, I really thought you would force me into it and I don't-” I take a deep breath again. He looks at me during a few seconds and I don't know what to do.

“I'd never force you to do anything” He finally says and takes me in his arms and we hug during a few seconds.

“Unless you want me to go on a hike with you”I mumble, finishing his sentence and he smiles.

I shyly, smile back, “I'd love to fight this fear but I don't know how to..”

He glances down, then looks to the side and doesn't seem to Know what to answer. He finally looks up to me, “We can face it together.” he takes my hand.

“Uh..I don't know”

“Listen.. everything is going to be fine. I'm with you. It's not going to be long, I promise”