Chapter 13: Better

CHARLOTTE'S POV:

It's been a week and nothing really happened: I found a little job as being an assistant at the library. At least, I Would Be able to pay the bill with Jake, who was still avoiding me. Unfortunately, Thomas was avoiding me too. I was avoiding the whole "popular" group.

Good news, besides the fact that I have a job: my grades are great, at least there is something I can Be happy about but it's nothing new actually.

I'm in my room watching netflix and I hear a knock on my door.

"Yes ?"

Jake comes in.

"Charlotte ? Are you okay ? G..Grayson told me that someone tried to rape you..do you remember who it was ? I didn't Know Charlotte, i'm sorry" he said, walking towards me. I get up. I flash him a smile. God, I missed him. Hearing his voice, seing his face just makes me happy. He's a great friend. A single tear runs down my cheek.

"Jake..I missed you" I said, wrapping My hands around his neck. He hugged me back. When we pulled away I started talking.

"I'm alright really..I don't remember who it was.." I lie. I don't need to sabotage someone's life. I hate Nate but I have enough problems like that and if everyone finds out it was him, he'll try to venge himself.

"Are you sure ?"

"Yeah...I'm sorry for-"

"Don't Be. Grayson explained me that you didn't know how to tell me earlier that you had..a boyfriend...I'm sorry for...pushing you away"

" D..don't Be ! Let's just forget about All of this."

"Okay. Can we start over ?"

"Yeah" I smile.

°°°

I had to go to work in one hour. I knocked at Grayson's house. A few seconds later, Ethan opened.

"Hi Charlotte! How are you? I haven't seen you for a while!"

"Oh, i'm fine! Is Grayson here ?"

"Grayson? Um..yeah. Why ? What Did he do ?" asked Ethan a bit angry.

"Oh nothing ! Just want to talk to him" I assure him. He nods and he leads me to his door-room. I enter it, without knocking.

He is on his bed, watching netflix. When he sees me, his eyes become wide and he turns off his laptop.

"Um..Hi..What are you doing here ?"

"I wanted to thank you for, at least, talking to Jake."

"You shouldn't Be..I put you in the problem, I had to solve it.."

I smile.

"Hey Gray ! Where is my skateboard ?" asks Ethan from another room.

"In the basement you idiot" responds Grayson, earning a laugh from me.

"I want to skate !" I exclaim, loud enough for Ethan to hear.

"Let's go then, Grayson are you coming ?"

"K. Why not ?"

"Oh my bad, let's do this tomorow, gotta go work, bye" I wave at them.

------

I really really wanna post again but I don't want to post too much 😂 but if you want me to update then comment tho :)