A Few More Days

Every morning I would wake with butterflies dancing in my stomach in a frenzy. The wedding was only a mere few days away and although I was falling for Robb, I was still nervous. I would be with him forever, this was a special bond that tied two people together. Although I was very lucky to have Robb as my betrothed, and no matter how hard I urged this feeling to go away, my head was still spinning from all of this; I had heard of girls who were not so lucky, their stories made me shiver just thinking about them.

The men had gone on a hunt, meaning they wouldn't be back until the next day. My brothers and father liked Robb too, but they were still protective over me. They were bringing more food back or the banquet that would be held on the wedding night, feeding hundreds of people. Oh god, the wedding night...

It was a tradition that the bedding would happen after the feast, though there would be people there watching as you consummated the marriage. I had never thought much into it, and that scared me. I wasn't sure whether I was ready for that with Robb, let alone have people watch. Everyone expected this to happen, there was no escaping this. I didn't exactly want to talk to Robb about this either, that would just be a very awkward concersation; though was there anyone else I could really talk to? Maybe my mother....it didn't matter who I talked to, I'd still be uncomfortable.

Knocking on the door to my parents chambers, I heard my mother call me in. I had to speak with someone, she seemed the only one that would be a little less weird than speaking to anyone else.

"Bethan, are you alright?" she asked.

"Um, not really." I admitted quietly sitting opposite her by the fire.

"What's wrong?" she placed her book to one side, giving me her full attention.

"I was just thinking about the ceremony, and all of the traditions that came with it."

"I think I know where this is going."

"Oh mother I'm so scared."

"Why? Robb is good to you."

"Yes but I have only known.him for a few weeks. Even if we are starting to love each other, it's a bit too soon for the bedding, well, a wedding too."

"You know Robb wouldn't do anything that would make you feel uncomfortable or scared."

"But everyone is expecting us to."

"Yes, the tradition is rather odd. Your father and I were I'm a different situation though. Even though it was arranged, you know that we were deeply in love anyway."

"I know. But what if he wants to perform the tradition?"

"You must speak with him."

"No! I possibly couldn't. I know not much of him, how could I even ask that of him?"

"The wedding is in only two days. The men shall return tomorrow to prepare for the wedding, speak to him then."

"I don't think I can."

"Bethan, no one else can express how you really feel."

I sighed, propping a hand onto the arm of the chair and placing my head in it."Everything was fine until that stupid tradition came back to me."

Mother knelt in front of me."You are a lady of the house Fierre, a Northerner, and daughter of the great Herald Fierre. You are stronger than you believe and you will get through this wedding and live a long, happy life with Robb Stark, creating a family of your own."

"Thank you mother."

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"Thank you so much, Bethan." Charlotte hummed as she laid back against the plump pillows.

"I'm already in love with him, Carsen is the most beautiful baby I have ever seen." I giggled as I held him and he grabbed one of my fingers in his tiny hand.

"He takes after his mother." she sighed happily, content as she snuggled under the covers. I sat down beside her on the bed, still holding Carsen."So, you nervous?"

I knew what she was talking about."Of course I am. It's my wedding."

"I can't believe you wouldn't let me see your dress."

I laughed a little, trust Charlotte to care about clothing."You'll see it I'm the day, just like everyone else."

She was quiet for a little bit."What about the ceremony?"

Again, I was thinking of the same thing."I talked to my mother about it. She thinks that I should speak with Robb."

"Well...she's not wrong."

"I couldn't, it's too embarrassing."

"I've seen the way he looks at you, especially when you held Carsen; if that isn't love I don't know what is."

"I'm not doing it."

"So you're just going to ignore it? It's still going to happen no matter how hard you try to forget about it."

"I'll figure something out. Just let me enjoy these few moments of peace with my best friend and my godson."

*~*~*~*~*~*

Tomorrow, it was all happening tomorrow.

Last minute preparations were being made throughout the day, details added to everything. The men had returned from their successful hunt, joining us for a late breakfast. I glanced at Robb, seeing that he seemed dazed. He wasn't entirely focused on the conversations at hand, eating his food slowly. Although it was plainly obvious that he was thinking about the wedding, I couldn't help but worry that it had something to do with the whole ceremony.

After our meal, I was headed to the library again, hoping to find a relaxing book and have some peacebefore my life completely changed. I would be Lady Stark, living in Winterfell with my new family and standing alongside my new husband; I would have to be the supportive, good wife I was taught to be. But for now, in this moment, I was still Lady Fierre. My thoughts were broken when a hand gently grabbed my upper arm, dragging me into an empty room.

"Robb? What's going on?" I asked as he let go of me, locking the door.

"I...I wanted to talk to you.." He stuttered, not looking at me.

"About?" I smiled, trying to make him feel more comfortable.

"I wanted to talk to you about the ceremony."

Oh dear Gods.

"Oh."

"We both know the traditions that take place."

"Yes."

"And that we are expected to perform them."

I had to speak up."Robb, I don't think I can do it."

Robb sighed in relief, chuckling a little."Thank gods, I am not the only one then."

He stepped closer wrapping his arms around me."You aren't mad?"

"Of course not. I'd never put you in any position that made you uncomfortable. You know, my father didn't perform the bedding either."

"Really?"

"They would understand."

"I've been thinking about this since you left for the hunt. I didn't know how I would talk to you about it, so thank you for bringing it up."

"Your welcome, Lady Stark." he grinned.

"Not yet, Robb, not yet."