Everlasting Threat

Greywind woke me up with his growling, his warmth was no longer near me. Groggily sitting up, I saw that he was at the door, situated in a protective stance. Someone was trying to get in and they weren't welcome. I silently reached into the draw of my bedside table, picking up the small knife that I had gotten on my fifteenth name day. Slowly approaching the door, I stood behind Greywind, preparing myself for the intruder. Before I could open the door myself, the person on the other side did so, startling me.

"Gods, Robb, what do you think you're doing!?" I exclaimed, released it wasn't a certain someone.

"I heard someone running past my room and I was scared that it might be Evin." he admitted, a little out of breath.

"Oh," I opened the door wider, gesturing for him to come in,"sorry for raising my voice at you."

He walked in with a smile as his direwolf greeted him."There is no need to apologise."

As I closed the door behind me, I leaned my back against it and taking a deep breath."I too thought that it was Evin."

"It isn't right, him being in the castle with you. Especially if you are losing sleep over this."

"It's just another week, I can do it." I said more to myself than Robb.

He was silent for a few seonds, looking around my room."You haven't unpacked much, have you?"

I was grateful that he tried to change the topic of the conversation."I didn't see much point, seeing as after the wedding....well, I won't be in here anymore."

"Of course, how foolish of me."

I just grinned, looking down at my feet."Only a week." I repeated.

"You aren't having second thoughts, are you?" he asked, almost worried.

I looked back up at Robb, surprised by his question."No, never. Are you?"

"No." he paused for a moment."I shall leave you now, for I feel that we both need our sleep."

"That would be a good idea." as he walked out, I caught his arm, stopping him from going any further."Robb?"

"Yes, Bethan?"

"Thank you, for your protection and kindness."

"You're my wife, it's what I do, and what I want to do." he held my hand, kissing it."Goodnight Bethan."

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

I dreaded the morning. Seeing as Evin was here, he would be dining with the rest of us, it was the right thing to do when you had guests such as lords, ladies and higher ranks. I knew that no one would let him come near me, he had already threatenened me, who knew what he would do next; but surely Evin was smarter than that? He wouldn't do anything whilst there were all of these guests around, would be?

Robb had, once again, knocked on my door, escorting me to breakfast. He didn't want me to go alone, even though Greywind was still with me. But I gladly accepted his offer, looping my arm through his and leaning into him a little. It seemed as if we would be the first ones there until our eyes landed upon Evin, who was waking just in front of us.

He noticed our presence and smirked."Lord Stark, Lady Fierre, tis a good morning, is it not?"

"Yes, Lord Follard, it seems that winter has been kind to us today." Robb tried to sound happy but his face told another story.

"Lady Fierre, not even a good morning for me?"

I frowned.

"You may want to get your wife under control, Lord Stark. We can't have her disrespecting guests like this."