Visible

I was the first to leave, despite wanting to stay with my new godson. I claimed that I had a present for the child (which I did) and went to go get it. As I exited, I expected to see Evin where he was originally standing, but he was gone. Breathing out a sigh of relief, I carried on down the hall, feeling the happiness wash over me again. Charlotte wanted me to be the godmother, I was going to mean more to this child than one of his mother's friends. Unfortunately, I spoke too soon about the peaceful atmosphere as I was grabbed roughly by someone, who forced me into one of the rooms which turned out to be some sort of office.

"Get your hands off of me!" I screamed but was silenced as I was pushed harshly into the wooden desk (that hip would be bruised in the morning).

"Calm down, my lady, you are in safe hands." Evin's voice spoke.

My eyes widened as I turned around. I was trapped in here with him."What do you want?"

"You're a smart girl, you can work it out. It's one of the many reasons I wanted you as my bride."

"Why can't you just leave me alone!? I am betrothed to Robb, I had forgotten all about you until you showed up."

"You don't want to be forced into this, I can see it in your eyes." he tried to get closer to me, his hand reaching out to my face.

I ducked from this movement, side stepping him."You don't know anything about me. For the sake of our houses, I am going to forget this ever happened." I started to storm towards the door but was pulled back."Let me go!"

"Why can't you get it in your head that you're mine!?" he covered my mouth as hissed at me."You don't love him, you never will. The wolves are creatures of the cold, you need a husband that will keep you warm on lonely nights." he tugged on my hair, pulling my head back to look at him through my teary eyes.

I bit down hard on his hand which didn't do much but it made him uncover my mouth. He still wouldn't let go, and he was a lot stronger than me. Instead, Evin lifted me off of the floor, trying to restrain me but I just kept screaming. I heard the door burst open in the middle of the struggle, my brothers along with Robb, Jon and Theon bursting into the room. I was ripped out of Evin's grip, being held back by Edmund, whereas I caught a glimpse of Robb punching Evin right in the jaw; I was escorted out of the room after that.

"Gods, what happened?" To my surprise, Lord Thaller asked me.

"Just Evin being the bastard he is!" I snapped, not realising that my parents along with Lord and Lady Stark were stood there.

"Bethan! Watch how you speak." my mother instantly scolded.

My father stood up for me."She has just been attacked, leave her be."

The boys emerged from the room, Jon and Theon holding Evin whilst Edward made Robb keep his distance. He looked very angry, his hand bloody from punching too hard; Evin's lip and nose had blood running from them.

"How dare you lay a finger on my only daughter!" my father went into a rage, screaming in Evin's face."You are lucky that this is not my own home as you would be dead by now!"

"Lord Fierre, please." Ned stepped in. He turned to Evin, keeping a calm composure."You will take your men and leave Winterfell. You are no longer invited to this wedding and will not go near Lady Fierre, I command this as Warden Of The North. Do you understand?"

Evin just stared at him.

"DO YOU UNDERSTAND!?" Ned's outburst made everybody jump.

"Yes, Lord Stark."

"Guards, escort Lord Follard out of Winterfell, and make sure that he and his men pack up his camp as quickly as they can. Do not stand down until you can no longer see them."

The guards did what they were told, taking Theon and Jon's place. As he was dragged away, he still shouted out insults.

"You have made a huge mistake Lord and Lady Fierre! You'll regret marrying your precious daughter to that Stark boy! You'll see, it won't work out and you'll come crawling back to me!"

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Slowly pacing around the room, I held onto Charlotte's baby, now named Carsen. He had beautiful green eyes and soft tufts of light brown hair; he was so mesmerising, it was as if he had casted a spell on you. Charlotte was sleeping, still exhausted from the events of earlier. Her husband was celebrating instead of paying attention to his newborn. So, as Charlotte dozed off in a different room, I cradled my godson, not wanting to ever let him go.

A knock on the door distracted me from my thoughts."It's just me." Robb said as he entered.

I shushed him, speaking quietly."Carsen is drifting off. I don't want him to wake."

He lowered his voice too."Sorry, I did not realise." he walked over to me, his furs dragging on the floor."May I?"

He held his arms out to me, indicating that he wanted to hold Carsen. Carefully, I passed him over, watching as the grown man softened at the touch of the baby.

"I still can't believe he is real. Babies are so small when they're born." Robb smiled.

"Our godson." I whispered out.

Robb looked down at me, rocking the babe."It's odd to think that we will have children of our own."

That comment shocked me.

Robb saw this."I don't mean to offend you or....or, well, make you upset-"

"Robb, I understand. We'll have to have children at some point."

Carsen was asleep, so I took him from Robb to be placed in a cradle. Robb continued."It just popped into my mind."

"It's ok, really." I grabbed a blanket to put over Caraen."Boy or girl?"

"What?"

"What do you want, boy or girl?"

"Both. Maybe two of each."

I giggled."That's a bit greedy don't you think?"

He laughed too."What's wrong with wanting a big family?"

"Nothing." I bent down over the crib, slowly placing Carsen down before tucking him in with a blanket. Softly kissing his forhead, I whispered 'goodnight'.

"Come on, the nanny will be in here now, we should let Carsen sleep." I said, heading towards the door.

Robb stood in my way."Wait."

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing is wrong, it's just so calm in here."

"Yeah, until the babe wakes up."

"Well, apart from that."

We were somehow quite close.

"Bethan, I know that this is an arranged marriage but we both know that we don't hate each other."

"Who said anything about-"

"I'm not good with words. I-I really only know one way to express this."

"I'm not follow-"

He bent down, placing his lips on mine. Without thinking, I instantly kissed back. His hands went around my back as my hands went round his neck, both of us pulling each other closer.

This was it.

This marriage was going to work.