Repitition

"Father, Smith, Warrior, Mother....Mother....Crone?"

"Wrong, again, my lady. Try once more."

We had been at this for at least an hour now. Mother, Lady Stark and their Septa were trying to teach me my vows. I had rehearsed them before but I had suddenly forgotten them.

"Maybe we should stop for today." My mother suggested."Tis just nerves."

"No, I can do this. Just let me try again." I begged.

"You know it, you have just worn the words out." Lady Stark added.

"What if I forget on the day? In front of everyone!?"

"If you keep repeating the lines, they shall be embedded into your mind." Septa huffed, clearly agitated.

I went on anyway."Father, Smith, Warrior, Mother, Maiden....Crone, Stranger. I am his, and he is mine. From this day, to the end of my days." I smiled at everyone and received the same back.

"You'll do just fine on the day." Septa said."Just keep rehearsing the words."

I wrote down the words, carrying the note around with me, glancing at it every so often. Robb would know the words off by heart at this point, I couldn't make a mockery of myself. As I was walking down the halls to one of my dress fittings, two hands on my shoulders made me jump. Spinning around, I saw that it was my eldest brother Edward and his wife Theresa were stood behind me.

"Edward, don't do that." I scolded him, folding up the piece of paper and tucking it into the pocket sewn in the dress.

"Here," Theresa held out a thin piece of dark fabirc,"tie this around your eyes."

"Why am I being blindfolded?" I hesitantly took it from her hands.

"There is a wedding gift waiting for you outside." Edward smirked.

"Shouldn't they be given at the wedding? And why do I feel as if this is some sort of joke?"

"Just do it, please?"

After Theresa tied the fabric over my eyes, I took each of their hands as they guided me to where ever it was that we were headed. I took slow, cautious steps, yelping when I heard other people around me. Giggling at the excitement, I held on tighter as I felt us exit the castle. The cold winds made my skin gather goosebumps, and I shivered. People would be out here, I could feel a presence of some sort.

"Ok, just a few more steps." Theresa muttered, finally stopping me.

It was silent for a few seconds."Theresa? Edward? Oh, I knew this was a joke, you've made a complete fool of me haven't you?"

I reached round to the back of my head to untie the fabric, letting it drop. As my eyes adjusted to the light, they landed on a very familiar face.

"Charlotte!?" I screamed, running towards her.

Charlotte Thaller was one of my oldest friends. Our families were great allies, which meant that Charlotte and I had grown up beside each other. Unfortunately, as she was two years older than I, she was sent off to marry Lord Arnton of House Thaller (before, she was Lady Charlotte of House Overtun). Although he was much older than her, possibly the same age as my father, she had written in her letter that he was kind to her though stern at times. She never complained, or at least I never heard of it.

She smiled, holding her arms out to me. As I ran to her, her fur cloak parted, giving me a wide view of her gigantic belly. I still hugged her but gently, knowing that she hadn't just gotten fat over the many years that I hadn't seen her.