Finishing Touches

Everyone at breakfast knew what had happened that morning. Mother did not look pleased but Father was still angry about our argument. At that moment, I couldn't have cared less. The feelings of anger and betrayal that I had suppressed for so long were surfacing, however, I wanted my parents and I to get along and be happy; who knew how long it would be until I saw them again?

As soon as the last person sat down for breakfast, Lady Catelyn broke the small conversations and directed the attention to her.

"Lord and Lady Fierre," she started,"I am terribly sorry for this morning's incident."

"All is well, Lady Catelyn." my father showed a tight, thin lipped smile."I just pray that it won't happen again."

"Father, don't." I snapped.

Everyone was shocked by my time of voice.

"Bethan, you do not speak to your father that way. Apologise at once!" my mother gasped.

"Once I am married to Robb, we shall have to share the same room. Do you not think that Greywind may be in there too? Will you still fret about me and the direwolves once your gone?"

My father tried to stop me."Bethan-"

"I highly doubt it. You're both making a fuss of things that do not need attention brought to them, and yet, you blame it on my wedding; the day that I will no longer be a Fierre, the day that I will no longer be living with you and the day that you will leave me behind."

It was silent until my younger brother, Harry, spoke."Does this mean that I still have to wear that itchy suit?"

He had been complaining about it all week.

"FOR GOD'S SAKE HARRY, WOULD YOU STOP GOING ON ABOUT THAT BLOODY SUIT!?" I screamed at him.

His lower lip trembled as tears filled his eyes. The scraping of his chair filled the now silent room as he rushed to mother. She cradled him in his arms as she sent me a glare.

I too started to cry, whispering out."Oh, Harry...Harry, I'm so sorry."

Dashing out of the room, I couldn't bare the thought of everyone's faces. How could I embarrass myself and my family like that? I wasn't angry about my choice of husband; Robb was a godsend, a blessing from the gods that a anything was going to be ok, and that I wasn't going to be stuck with an old man who would only take advantage of me. It was the thought of being owned. I knew my family was doing what was best for all of us, so why was there this rage constantly building up inside of me? I understood and agreed to their views, yet I couldn't think about them without crying. Was it because I was told that my Prince charming would come and rescue me from a dangerous situation and that we would fall in love? Was I waiting for actual love from someone? The more I thought about it, the more upset I became.

Storming into my room, I slammed the door before breathing in and out slowly. Opening my eyes, I saw an all too familiar direwolf sat next to my bed.

I smiled."You have gotten me into a lot of trouble."

Greywind nuzzled my hand as I started to stroke him.

"Actually, that's a lie. I did that on my own."

He tilted his head to the side, watching as I sat down next to him on the ground. His head fell into my lap as he whimpered to be stroked more.

"I bet everyone hates me now. The spoilt brat of the Fierre house. Why am I so angry about this marriage? I'm about to marry someone who had a family that are caring, is kind, courageous, considerate....handsome... and my own age! Other women would die for that opportunity but they're most likely stuck with men on their deathbed."