Nineteen

I'm sorry my updates haven't been as regular as they normally are. We've been on holiday and the signal hasn't been great. I go home tomorrow though so updates should hopefully because more regular next week.

____

'So what are you planning on doing about work, Demi? Are you going to stop touring or get a nanny?' Denise asks as Demi curls into Nick's side with Willow cradled against her chest.

'I'm not planning on getting a nanny, not just now anyway. If I decide to your again, which I most likely will, it'll be while she's still young enough that she can travel with me.' Demi replies gently patting the little girl's back in an attempt to burp her.

'So she'll be on a tour bus with you? Is that safe?' Denise asks and Nick sighs.

'Mom, we're not going to put our daughter in danger. I'm sure if Demi or I decide to go on tour and take Willow with us we'll make sure it's safe and we'll make sure nothing will happen to Willow. We need to work; Demi and I want to work to provide a good life for Willow.' Nick replies tightening his arm around Demi's waist.

'Aren't you supposed to be touring at the end of this year, Nick?' Paul asks.

'Yeah, just a mini tour. I'm not sure what'll happen though. I might postpone it.' Nick replies and Demi shakes her head.

'You won't. You're only on the road for what? Six weeks?' She asks and he nods his head.

'She'll be around six months old by then. I'll be okay on my own with her and we'll be able to travel to some of your shows.' She says and he smiles.

'I guess we could do that...' He replies.

'So what are your plans for the future, Demi?' Denise asks.

'I'm not sure. I've got an album ready to drop so I'll be doing that when I'm fully recovered and ready to be back at work.' Demi replies.

'When do you think that will be?' Denise asks.

'Mom, stop. You sound that you're interrogating her. She'll go back to work when she's ready and not a day before.' Nick replies and Denise shakes her head.

'I'm sorry. I was just curious.' Denise says and Demi smiles.

'It's fine. I'm not sure when I'll go back; it'll probably be when she's at least 3 month old or maybe older. I want to give myself a chance to bond with Willow properly before I go back.' Demi replies passing Willow to Nick.

'What about you, Nick? Getting back in the studio anytime soon?' Paul asks and Nick shrugs his shoulders.

'I'm not sure... Maybe in a few weeks but for now I'm quite content just bonding with Willow and helping Demi out.' Nick replies kissing the top of Demi's head as she curls back into his side.

'Well I'm sure whenever you both go back to work you'll sort something out with Willow.' Paul says smiling.

___

'Where's Demi?' Denise asks as she sits down on the sofa with Paul.

'Upstairs getting changed into her pyjamas.' Nick replies placing a sleeping Willow down in her Mamaroo and tucking a blanket around her little body.

'She's a good girl, Nick. Treat her right.' Paul says and Nick nods his head.

'I know she is, dad. She means the world to me, they both do...' Nick replies glancing down at Willow.

'You've both been through so much and deserve more than anything to be happy... Don't let her go.' Denise says and Nick smiles.

'I don't plan on it.' Nick replies.

'I was thinking we could watch a movie?' Nick says as Demi makes her way over to the sofa dressed in some pink pyjamas.

'Sounds good to me.' Demi replies smiling. She sits down next to Nick and swings her legs over his.

'Just you get comfy, love...' He says as she curls into his chest.

'Do you want me to move?' She asks and he shakes his head.

'I was joking... Stay where you are.' He replies wrapping his arms around her.

'I was thinking we could take your mom and dad to that new safari zoo that's opened up.' She says quietly and he smiles.

'That would be good if you're feeling up to it.' He replies. He glances over at his parents who look like their entire attention is on the movie before leaning down and soft kissing the tip of Demi's nose.

'That tickles...' She mumbles scrunching her nose up at him.

'You're too cute.' He says. Using his shoulder she leans up and kisses him properly.

'I love you.' She mumbles against his lips feeling him smile into the kiss.

'I love you too.' He replies quietly. She settles back down and curls into his side to watch the film.

_____

'I'm sorry about mom's full blown interrogation earlier.' Nick says as he climbs into bed next to Demi who rolls over to face him.

'It's fine. Honestly, your mom means well and she wasn't asking anything too invasive. Are you wanting to go to that new zoo tomorrow or?' Demi asks and he nods his head.

'Yeah, tomorrow sounds good if the weather is nice. We could pick mom and dad up from the hotel and head there.' He replies moving his arm as she shuffles towards him.

'Yeah. I know I said I wanted us to take a break from public social media but if you want to use snapchat or Twitter, that's okay.' She says resting her head against his chest as he wraps his arm around her.

'I'm quite enjoying the break actually. I might pop on Twitter though just to let everyone know we're all okay.' He replies smiling. He grabs his phone and logs into the Twitter app. He scrolls through his timeline before clicking to compose a new tweet.

Thanks all for your support. Dems & I are loving bonding with our little girl ❤️

He logs back out of Twitter and turns to face Demi.

'Did you mean what you said earlier?' She asks quietly and he raises his eyebrows.

'I said a lot earlier.' He replies.

'Do you really love me?' She asks and instantly he can see the vulnerability in her eyes.

'Of course I do. I wouldn't lie to you about that.' He replies and she smiles.