Two.

'Mom's flying out today so she should be here around 6ish.' Dallas says as she sits on the edge of the bed.

'Thank you for phoning her.' Demi replies quietly and Dallas smiles.

'Now, speak to me about Nick? How the hell did you two end up in bed together?' Dallas asks.

'I don't know. I was having a really rough time after the breakup and it was hard being out there where I felt totally alone even though I was surrounded by people. I confided in him and one thing led to another. It was just supposed to be a bit of fun.' Demi replies.

'See you keep saying things like supposed to be a bit of fun and supposed to mean nothing... Does that mean it was more than fun? Does that mean it did mean something to you?' Dallas asks.

'I don't know... It's Nick.' Demi replies shrugging her shoulders.

'I mean, of course now it means something because now it wasn't just a night of sex. It was the night my daughter, our daughter, was conceived and I think that'll always mean something to me.' Demi says glancing at the newborn in her plastic cot.

'Do you have feelings for Nick?' Dallas asks.

'No, not feelings that I didn't have before anyway. He's my best friend, Dallas. I don't want anything to ever change that.' Demi replies.

'But you've slept with him... Surely that's changed things already?' Dallas says.

'Well I don't want things to change even more.' Demi replies.

'If you have feelings for him Demi then you've already moved past friendship. You two know each other so well that I can't see anything going wrong if you two were to give things a chance.' Dallas says and Demi sighs.

'I think my focus needs to be on the baby rather than a relationship.' Demi admits.

'I think you need to give yourself a break.' Dallas says as tears fill Demi's eyes.

'Hey... I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you.' Dallas says placing her hand on Demi's knee.

'You didn't. I just- I have a baby, Dal? Mom's going to kill me.' Demi says quietly, once again glancing down at the baby in the plastic cot. Despite not knowing she was pregnant and despite not bonding with her unborn baby as she looks down at her daughter she feels nothing but love.

'Look, I've been reading and this sort of thing does happen. It's even got a name, Cryptic Pregnancy. Stop feeling guilty because she is absolutely fine. Mom is just going to be relieved that you're okay... There are worst things than a baby, Demi.' Dallas says.

___

From Nick (9:23am) :
Hey, I'm a reception. Where are you?x

'Nick's at reception... Could you go get him? I don't want to just text him and tell him I'm in the labour ward.' Demi says as she glances at the baby who is fast asleep curled up against her chest.

'Of course... I'll go for a coffee and leave you two to it, okay?' Dallas says and Demi nods her head.

'Thanks, Dal.' Demi replies. She watches her big sister leave the room before glancing down at the baby in her arms.

'Your daddy is downstairs... He's going to be so shocked but I'm sure he's going to love you so much, little lady.' Demi whispers, her thumb gently strokes the newborn's cheek.

___

'Nick.' Dallas says as she approaches the male who's leaning on the desk.

'Dallas? Where's Demi? Is she okay? What's happened?' He asks and she laughs slightly.

'Calm down, she's fine. I'll leave her to tell you what's happened but please, please don't freak out on her... She's really scared, Nick.' Dallas replies as she begins to lead him towards the elevator. They go inside and she hits the button for the third floor.

'What do you mean? Has she relapsed?' He asks and she shakes her head.

'No, no... Nothing like that. She is fine, honestly. You'll understand once you see her. She's in that room straight ahead... I'll be in the cafe if you need anything.' She replies gesturing as the elevator doors open.

___

Demi takes a deep breath as she sees Nick make his way towards the door. He opens the door and quickly makes his way into the room.

'Are you okay? I've been so worried.' He says closing the door behind him.

'I'm fine. Nick I-' Demi begins before seeing Nick's eyes drift to where the baby is curled up.

'Woah... What's going on?' He asks. Instantly tears fill Demi's eyes and she turns away from him.

'I'm sorry.' She whispers.

'Sorry for what?' He asks making his way over to the edge of the bed.

'I didn't know I was pregnant. I would've told you if I did but I had no idea and then I came in last night with the most intense stomach pains, I thought I was dying.' She replies.

'Is it mine then?' He asks and she nods her head.

'A little girl.' She replies.

'This is mad...' He says as he gazes down at the newborn.

'I would've phoned you as soon as I found out but it all happened so quick. Within fifteen minutes of me getting here I was ready to push and she was born twenty minutes later.' She replies.

'It's okay. I can imagine you were just as shocked as I am.' He says.

'I can't believe I didn't know.' She admits.

'Is she okay though?' He asks.

'She's fine. She weighs 5lbs 9oz but is completely healthy. She's breathing fine on her own and she's able to keep her own temperature up.' She replies. She glances up at him as he remains quiet.

'I know this wasn't planned and I know we're not together but if this isn't what you want I can raise her on my own. There won't be any hard feelings.' She says and he shakes his head.

'I want to be in her life, of course I do. This is a big shock but hey, she's pretty cute.' He replies causing her to laugh.

'Mmm... She is pretty cute.' She says smiling.

____

'Do you have any idea when you'll get home?' Nick asks as he cradles the baby in her arms.

'Tomorrow, hopefully.' Demi replies.

'You've got nothing in for her do you?' He asks and she shakes her head.

'I only need the essentials until I feel like going out to get the rest.' She replies.

'Okay. How about I pick up a few essentials a bring them tomorrow?' He suggests.

'That would be great, Nick.' She says quietly.