Nine.

'Isn't she pretty truly the angel's best. Boy, I'm so happy we have been heaven blessed. I can't believe what God has done, through us he's given life to one. But isn't she lovely made from love.'

Nick sings softly as he gently rocks the bassinet containing his daughter. It's a little after 3am and he got up while Demi done a feed, he changed Willow's diaper and had a cuddle while Demi went back to sleep and now he's trying to settle her down again.

'Come back to bed, Nick... She'll doze off on her own.' Demi mumbles sleepily as she lifts the covers up slightly.

'Are you sure?' He asks and she nods her head.

'She's fine.' She replies. Leaning down he kisses the little girl's head before making his way back over to the bed. Climbing in beside Demi he's taken by surprise when she sleepily rolls over and cuddles into his chest.

'Night, Nick.' She mumbles.

'Night, Dems...' He replies.

_____

She instantly feels his arms tighten around her waist as she rolls onto her side. A small smile appears on her face as she glances over at Willow who is surprisingly still fast asleep. She's not quite sure how they ended up in this position; his arms wrapped around her waist as he snuggles into her shoulder from behind. Glancing at the clock she sighs as she sees its almost 6am and as if on cue Willow starts whimpering.

'Shhh, little duck... Let's not wake daddy.' Demi mumbles as she carefully unwraps nick's arms from around her waist and climbs out of bed. Lifting Willow into her arms she softly kisses the little girl's head before making her way downstairs. She settles down on the sofa and allows Willow to nurse as she lets her head fall back against the back of the sofa.

It's times like this that she finds it so hard to accept she's a mom. She's all alone, sitting on the sofa with her daughter in her arms... The daughter she had no idea she was even carrying. The daughter who looks so much like her father that it hurts her heart a little. Does she have feelings for Nick? She's not entirely sure. She loves him, of course she loves him but is she in love with him? She thought Wilmer would be the one she was having children with. She thought he'd be the one sitting in bed by her side as she nursed their little one but that didn't work. They just both just reached a point where they weren't happy, they wanted different things and nothing they done solved that. She wanted children, he said he wasn't ready. They've remained friends but their bond would never be the same and that's what scared her about Nick; she didn't want to ruin that friendship because she couldn't lose him.

______

From Wilmer (9:24am) :
I seen congratulations was in order... She's beautiful, Demi. I'm so glad you got the little girl you always wanted. Much love, W x

'Hey, little duck... Mommy will reply later. Let's go see if daddy's awake so I can take a shower.' Demi says placing her phone on the table and standing up. She makes her way upstairs and into the bedroom where Nick is still fast asleep.

'Will you lie in your bassinet while mommy has a quick shower?' Demi asks quietly. She carries Willow over to the bassinet and gently places her in it. She tucks the blanket around her little body and softly kisses the top of her head.

'Just stay quiet for ten minutes then mommy will come back and I won't smell of sick.' She mumbles. Quietly she grabs some clean clothes and makes her way to the bathroom to have a shower. She quickly undresses and gets under the running water knowing that Willow could start fussing at any moment and she'll have to get out. Running her fingers through her hair she sighs slightly.

_____

Her shower lasted all of seven minutes before Willow started fussing and she rushed out of the bathroom, a fluffy white towel wrapped around her body.

'I've got her... You can finish your shower if you want?' Nick says glancing up at her as he lifts Willow out of the bassinet.

'I'm finished. I just need to get dressed and dry my hair.' She replies and he smiles.

'Well you can go do that if you want? I can change her diaper then take her downstairs.' He says.

'Okay... Do you want to go a walk this morning? I was thinking we could set up her pram and take Batman.' She suggests.

'Sounds great... You look a lot chirpier this morning.' He says and she nods her head.

'I feel a lot better. I'm not as sore anymore and I slept pretty well last night, especially since you changed her and settled her down at 3... Thank you.' She replies causing him to smile.

'You've got nothing to thank me for and if it makes you this chirpy I'll change and settle her every night... Now go get yourself ready and I'll sort the little one out.' He says, far too aware that she's standing in front of him in nothing more than a towel.

'Okay.' She replies smiling. Once she's in the bathroom he picks up his phone and quickly takes a picture of him and Willow; he's cradling her against his chest, her little hand resting against his chest. He quickly uploads it to Instagram before getting ready to change the baby's diaper.

Daddy's girl already... So much love for this little lady already.