Dropping my bag onto the table, I quickly turned to my right and sensed someone was staring at me. I tilted my head to the side as I felt that person gave me the once-over. ‘Yes? Is something wrong? My face has something on it is it?’ I asked the person, feeling myself frown. Kenny ought to mention it to me just now.

‘No, no that’s not it,’ that someone said. By the sound of the voice, it was a girl. Her voice seemed a little high, if she was in a choir, she’d be able to hit the high notes with perfect ease. ‘It’s rude of me I know but I’m surprised you’re-‘

‘Blind?’ I interrupted her with a raised eyebrow. I felt her protest and was about to apologize at her frankness and rudeness but I continued, ‘It’s alright. I’m fine with it, you know. You weren’t being rude or anything to point out the obvious.’

I heard her sigh in relief and I felt a hand in front of me. I grasped her hand tightly in mine and shook it gently, I knew I earned a shock glance which made me smirk at her. ‘My name’s Holly Lindsey, it’s entertaining to meet you.’

She giggled at my words. ‘The name’s Alexis. Alexis Baron, it sure is,’ she said with a laugh. ‘So where are you from Holly? I’m from Montfort High, just a little ways off the highway.’

‘Ever heard of Seira High?’ I asked her, cocking an eyebrow at her.

‘Nope, never heard of it. Where is it exactly?’

‘It’s at California, I moved here about a year ago,’ I said with a shrug. ‘I attended private lessons due to my eyes so I didn’t really finished high school. Don’t tell anyone I said that.’ I whispered the last sentence to her and grinned.

She made a sound of awe when she heard my explanation and giggled again at my attempt to lighten the atmosphere.

‘What about not finishing high school?’ a new voice entered my ears and I turned forwards so that it’ll look like I was looking at him. Alexis laughed. ‘What? What’s so funny with you two girls?’ His voice was deep and sexy, my heart squeezed as I begin to realize that I liked that voice of his.

‘That was supposed to be a secret,’ I pointed out with a pout. ‘It’s between me and Alexis you know, you weren’t supposed to hear any of it.’ I made a show of pouting at him again and crossed my arms around my chest with a big huff.

He chuckled at me. ‘And may I know your name, pretty girl?’ My heart spluttered fast, making me nervous at his frankness. I gripped the cane tighter in my hands and I willed myself to stop feeling so frantic. On the plus side, his voice sound very attractive.

‘Well?’

‘Holly Lindsey,’ I said quickly.

‘It’s nice to meet you Holly, my name is Jeremy Evers,’ the man said and he moved, I sat there not doing anything as I nodded at him. Silence passed and I heard him chuckle again. ‘Well it is rude not to shake hands with someone you just met you know.’

I raised my eyebrows at him and flushed at his words. ‘I’m sorry, I can’t really see,’ I said apologetically and waved a hand in front of my face, just for the sake of it. Without missing a beat, I held my hand out and grasp his quickly. I shook his twice before releasing but then I felt his hand tighten around it.