Year 15: He Seems So Real

Mulai dari awal

"I never wish I had succeeded. Not since that day when I actually tried. Millie, it's the worst feeling in the world to have your youngest brother crying into your chest because of your stupid mistake. Could you imagine where your family would be if you weren't sitting here, right now? Do you really wish that the Leukemia killed you?" Castiel was venting to a twelve year old girl, now. He had pleading eyes, because, even though she hasn't seen him in four years, and he hasn't seen her, he still thought of her as his little sister. "Millie, what's going on?"

"The kids at school... They're worse than ever," she whispered, looking at her hands. They tell me to do bad things, Castiel. They tell me that I will amount to nothing. That I'm useless."

Oh, hell no

Castiel clenched his fists, thinking of Jacob Valdez and the one time he stood up for himself. The one time be broke his bully's streak. The one time Castiel managed to stand up for himself. "Useless is not a definition, Millie. And people don't define you. I learned that lesson just a bit too late. When I was your age, people hated me. Sometimes it was because my older brother was the tough kid, and they wanted leverage against him. Other times, it was just plain hate, and the time I realized that they were being completely irrational, it was because my boyfriend was quarterback and he was getting distracted. So, tell me, Millie, what reason are people picking on you."

"Well, there's the school's perfect girl. She's pretty, she's nice, and she has great grades, but she gets everything. Oh, there's a play you wanna audition for? Might as well throw that lead role audition away. She's got that. Cheer squad? You ain't making captain. The problem is, I did make captain. I worked my butt off for two years just to reach her level of skill, and when I finally did, she was so nice about it, but everyone started this rumor that I cheated and I began to kiss up to the coaches. They said I just wanted the image. Castiel, I don't know what to do."

"One word, Millie: jealousy. They're all jealous that you did what no one else could do. You made captain. You surpassed Miss Perfect in something, and they refuse to believe it. Here is what I propose to you. I want you to go back to school, and be proud of what you did, not down on yourself because other people are making you feel bad about it. If it doesn't stop, tell the coaches that this is happening. Make them aware. They'll stop the rumors, and if that doesn't stop, come back here. I can't guarantee that it'll be just me, here, but I can guarantee I will be here."

"Uhm, okay."

"Anything else that you wish to bring to my attention?" Castiel gave her a soft smile, looking her in the eye.

Make them feel welcome.

"You have a boyfriend?"

"Yep." He popped the p, making Millie chuckle.

"You don't... Seem gay."

"Well, I'm sorry miss perfect. I forgot my rainbow at home," Castiel joked. He looked at her as she laughed at that joke. "Now, Millie, are you good?"

"Uh, yeah. I think I am."

--

Castiel shut the door to their house, falling back against the hard wood. He was tired, to say the least. He kept replaying today's conversations in his head. He was trying to find his mistakes that he made, and, to his surprise, there were none. Not that he could make out. He was actually satisfied with his overall performance.

But Cas had one more patient to tend to.

He heard a tiny whimper from upstairs, and his heart beat a little faster. "Dean?" He called, pushing himself up the steps, cautiously. It's been a habit with stairs ever since he was 12. "Dean-o." Castiel called again, slowly putting his hand on the doorknob. He turned it with such caution that it almost made Castiel laugh.

"Leave me alone," Dean whispered, but Cas knew it wasn't directed towards him. No, it was directed towards the invisible figure by the window. This one was rare, but Castiel knew which one this was. This was Fredrick, and he has always been evil. That's what Dean saw. Dean saw Fredrick as a reaper like creature, no eyes and extremely thin skin. It was almost transparent. Fredrick didn't come around as much as Bartholomew, but Fredrick was much worse, and usually only showed up when Dean got really shaken up. The way Cas knew it was him is by the way Dean was watching. Where he was watching. They all have assigned places, except for Bart. He's everywhere but their room. Bartholomew doesn't like Cas, or anything to do with him.

"Dean," Cas whispered, slowly walking in and biting his lip. "Dean, where is he?" Dean pointed to exactly where Cas predicted, and he stood in the spot. "Leave, Fredrick. You are unwanted."

Dean seemed to loosen up, like he always did, and Cas almost felt bad for him. Almost. "Dean," he whispered, gripping his shoulders and pulling him onto his feet. "Hey, shh. It's okay."

Dean pulled him closer, being careful not to step on Scarlett's paws, who was sitting by Dean the entire time. "Cas, he seems so real."

"I know, babe. I know." Castiel pulled Dean closer, kissing his cheek. "I know."

--a/n--

Yes yes yes 1,700 words on the dot

I'm tired but I plan on doing pure fluff for the next two chapters

I'm v excited for the rest of this book. I hope you guys all like it.

Hey Noomi I like your glasses
And your Vans
And your Power To The Local Dreamer shirt

My arms hurt and I have school tomorrow. Gnite loves

I love you my Carcrashovercastyoungbloods
-Emily aka foblvr