Year 17: I Do

"I'm so proud of you," Lucifer stood by Castiel, grinning like the proud brother he was. Castiel knew he saw something between them from the day they met, and Lucifer could see how they close they would become. Lucifer was married, now, married to his high school sweetheart, and the 29 year old was still the proudest he'd ever been of hi little brother. He was still that one, strong, fun man who would intimidate the bad people. That's why he became a cop, and Castiel still admired him for that. He admired Lucifer for a number of reasons. He was Lucifer, still Castiel's favorite sibling, though he hated to admit it. Castiel saw him as a father figure, sometimes. He was only around 4 years older than his brother, but he acted as wise as he could. That what Castiel saw, a wise man, his brother. "Holy hell, Cassie, I'm so proud of you."

Castiel stood against the wall, an almost drunken smile on his face. His head tilted back, exposing his neck as he stuffed his hands in the pockets of his suit. It was beautiful, and if he was being honest, Castiel didn't really want to pay for something he'd only use once. It was a white material, which was quite reflective, almost like satin, and it fit his almost perfectly. "I know you are," he looked down. "I can't believe this is happening."

Lucifer poked his head, stepping forward. His blue eyes glinting with excitement. "Believe it," he whispered. "I knew I saw something in you two."

"Shut up," Cas chuckled, biting his lip. "God, Lucifer, I'm so nervous."

"Why?"

"How did you feel at your wedding?" Castiel shot back, failing to let his smile fall.

"Touché," Lucifer frowned playfully. His suit was almost identical to Castiel's, except his tie was black. Cas's was red, because Dean had to have it red. They planned this for a little over a year, and they had the timing down to a science.

2:45: It begins.

It was 2:43.

"Lucifer, I—"

"Cas, stop it." Lucifer pulled him into a hug. "You have nothing to be worried about. He loves you, you love him. Just keep it. Keep what you have. Now, go out there and get married, Cas." His brother stood by the door. "You'll be fine."

Now or never.

The door opened, and Castiel could feel the rush of emotions running through his body. He could see Dean at the end of the aisle, clenching his jaw as he got the first glimpse of Castiel. His green eyes were glossed over with tears as Castiel slowly made his way to him. He was shaking. They both were. Cas didn't know how to feel. He was so excited, but he was also scared, and happy, and pure passion ran through every vein in his body. Castiel could hardly feel his fingers as he met up with Dean at the very front. Oh, my god. Castiel just smiled lightly, and Dean did the same. He must have stayed like that for ages, until they had to say the vows, and Castiel couldn't have enough time in the world to tell Dean how he felt. "I promise... I promise to keep you safe, and to try in every way to be worthy of your love. I will care for you, and love you, for as long as I am with you, and I will hold you close when times get tough. I love you."

Dean let a choked chuckle out. "I... I promise to protect you, and keep you happy as long as you're with me. I'll make sure every day is its greatest, and I'll stick with you, forever, no matter what." He grabbed Castiel's hand, smiling so wide you could feel the burning in his cheeks.

Castiel was so focused on him that he barely noticed when he needed to say, "I do."

"I do." Dean whispered, wiping his tears.

Blah, blah, blah.

Castiel pulled Dean down, smiling as their lips met. He wrapped his arms around Dean, leaning his head on his chest. "God, I love you."

"I love you, too."

--

"Wait, you did what?" Sam leaned towards Castiel, who was across the table from him, laughing hysterically.

"Not even kidding, I shoved 36 cherry tomatoes in my mouth just to prove to Dean that I could." Castiel slurred. He wasn't one to drink, but tonight was a special occasion. A couple glasses of champagne shouldn't kill him. It was perfect. It was a table of 8: Dean, Cas, Lucifer, his wife, Michael, his wife, Gabe, and Sam. It was the best he had felt in a long time. Cas was finally content with his life.

"He spit 'em at me," Dean complained, faking a little pout. He, as well, was hammered.

"We were seventeen," Cas defended, leaning his head on Dean's shoulders. He grabbed Dean's hand, smiling up at him.

"You two need to get up there and dance. Come on. It's your wedding." Gabe interjected, looking at how wiped Castiel was beginning to look. Cas hadn't had a decent night sleep since he proposed, but he was so relaxed now, he could just melt into Deans embrace.

Wise men say
Only fools rush in

Dean grabbed his hand and pulled him onto the dance floor. Castiel hardly recognized the song, but when he did, he perked up a bit. "Dean, it's Elvis. I love Elvis," he whispered, staying as close as he could. It was one of his favorites, and Dean knew it.

But I can't help
Falling in love with you.

Dean sang the next lines to him, softly dragging his hand in circles on Castiel's back. It was a gesture that made Castiel happy, to say the least. Cas was madly in love with thiamin, and he could see it in Dean's eyes that he did too.

Shall I stay
Would it be a sin?

Cas pressed himself closer to Dean, like a child clinging to its mother to make sure it isn't lost. It was all he needed, was the warmth of his body, and the sound of his voice.

If I can't help
Falling in love with you.

"Dean, I love you so much. Please don't forget that, ever." Castiel whispered in his ear as he sang. It was perfect. This was perfect.

-

That night, as they both lay under the sheets, Deans arm was wrapped around a sleeping Castiel, and they, for the first time in ever, both got a good nights sleep. That was the perfect day.

Mark the date: March 22, 2000. The day that Cas married the love of his life, and lived happily ever after

For a while.

--a/n--

No it's not the end Jesus

Sorry it's so short but I'm tired and I have school so I will see you next update

THE TØP CANCER COVER IS SO GOOD M8 LISTEN TO IT NOW

Okay nite

I love you my Carcrashovercastyoungbloods

-Emily aka foblvr