Ronan's POV

I shift into my dark brown wolf and jump on Dylan. He should know better than to fight against me. I won the first time and put him in the pack prison for weeks. I knew I should've killed him when I got the chance. He was of no use to us because it wasn't like we could let him go. He would definitely tell every other wolf he came across about our pack.

He would betray us all but it wouldn't hurt as bad as our own Alpha stabbing us in the back. Stabbing me in the back.

The thought of my father betraying me makes my wolf fight harder. It wants blood. It wants revenge.

The sound of a gunshot pierces through the air, momentarily distracting me from the rogue Beta in front of me.

Two humans stand to the side, guns shaking in their hands.

I turn my back to Dylan to growl at the pests. Without a second thought one of them pulls the trigger and aims for my chest. I roll to the side just in time to dodge the bullet, shifting back to my human skin in the process.

"Now I have to kill you," I growl towards the two men.

"No," one of them whispers, scared out of his mind, "we have to kill you."

I laugh coldly. "And who told you that that would be a good idea?"

Their eyes fall over my shoulder. Before I have time to turn I hear her chilling voice.

"I did," Rebecca growls.

I shift into my wolf, turning just in time for her fist to land on my jaw. Quickly, I trap her hand in my mouth and snap my jaws shut. She hallows in pain, falling to her knees. I growl in her face and tighten my jaw, biting off two of her fingers. Tears run down her face in a steady stream.

"Shoot him," she begs the humans, "please!"

The sound of a bullet escaping its prison sounds through the forest. In a quick second I yank on my sister's arm, pulling her entire body in front of me. She screams louder as the bullet dives into her shoulder.

I drop her to the ground and charge at the two humans, cutting into their chests easily. With their lifeless bodies lying stiff on the forest floor I turn back to my older sister. She is sobbing on the ground, the pain she feels being too much for her.

"You're pathetic," I spit. "You were never a good fighter."

She looks up to glare at me. "You'll die tonight brother. I swear to it. Then I will become the next Alpha, just as I should have been."

A sick smile spreads across my face, tightening my skin. "Oh poor sister, your dream is tragic. You see, you aren't destined to be an Alpha. You're destined to die tonight, by my hands."

She screams in terror as I reach for her throat, digging my claws into her esophagus and ripping it out. I let go and her lifeless body falls to the ground with a thump.

I look around and notice for the first time that Dylan is nowhere to be found.

I don't have time to chase him around, I need to find my mate. I try to mind-link Mason White to get ahold of Calix, the human he once called his friend. Where ever Calix is, Cora is. 

I instantly know something's wrong when I try to send the message. The bond is broken between me and Mason. The only way a bond would be broken is if he ran away from the pack or died.

'Why is the bond with Mason White broken?' I ask Milo. If anyone knew it would be him.

It takes a few minutes for Milo to reply but when he does my wolf immediately starts to run in the direction of the pack building.