23| Crown Pack/Summit Pack

And I introduce to you Asena!!! (Previously Ruby if you read the original)

Summit Pack: Alpha Ryan

Asena's POV

The last guests finally left, each wishing me a happy birthday and bowing their head in respect to their Alpha. I close the front door behind them, turning to face my Alpha.

"So," he drawls on, rocking on the back of his heels with his hands in his pockets. "There's still some cake left."

A wide smile spreads across my face. "You know me so well."

He scoffs, "I should. I mean I am your best friend."

I run up to wrap my arms around his waist, catching him by surprise. "Whoa, Piggy, what's gotten into you?"

With my face muffled by his stomach, I say, "This is me thanking you for giving me yet again an amazing birthday."

Suddenly I'm being picked up, my eyes staring into his soft blue ones. "I always want to celebrate your birthday Piggy. I don't think I could possibly live without you."

"I'm glad someone thinks so."

Quickly, his smile disappears. "What is that supposed to mean? Was someone being mean to you again? Who was it?"

I roll my eyes, giggling softly. "No one was being mean to me, but Ryan, they don't have to do anything for me to know that they don't like me."

He sets me down on my feet, his hands staying on my thin waist. "Then why did the entire pack show up to your birthday tonight?"

"Because you told them to?"

He huffs in frustration, looking off to the side. "The pack has no reason to hate you Piggy. You're perfect."

"Yeah," I laugh dryly, "a perfect human. I only shifted last year Ryan and I'm the weakest wolf anyone has ever seen! I'm the omega of the pack."

He reaches up to brush a lock of my brown hair away from my face. "Who cares what they think? You're the Alpha of my heart."

I laugh out loud, pushing him away. "You're so cheesy Ryan! Now can we go eat that cake? I'm starving!" I walk past him into his kitchen, noticing that he hasn't moved from his spot yet.

Finally he joins me in the kitchen, a small smile on his lips. "You already had two slices. How are you still hungry?"

I tap my stomach with my hand. "The stomach is never full. The stomach always wants more."

"Be careful about gaining more weight Piggy," he teases, poking my tummy. "You're so small, you could just topple right over."

I stick my tongue out at him, only because I know he doesn't mean to be rude. He's my best friend and practically my brother. "Well you will be obligated to roll me around then like a ball."

"Well of course I would," he says, running his finger across my slice of cake and picking up some frosting.

"Hey, that's mine," I shout, grabbing his hand before he can lick off the pink sugar. I wrap my tongue around his finger and lick off every bit of the frosting. I pull away laughing, but stop when I notice his bright blue eyes and the presence of his wolf.

"I'm sorry," I whisper shamefully. I don't like it when he's mad at me, or when I make his wolf surface which I seem to do a lot. "I was just joking around. Here," I say, pushing my plate towards him, "you can have the entire slice."

"Piggy," he growls, making me flinch in fear. He sighs heavily, running a hand down his face. "I'm going to bed. Goodnight."

I watch sadly as he leaves me alone in the kitchen. Minutes later I hear the shower from his bathroom being turned on. I grab my plate of cake and walk outside through the backdoor. There are party streamers hanging around everywhere. Two gold balloons in the shape of a one and a nine are strung to the wall.