23| Crown Pack/Summit Pack

Start from the beginning

I'm so thankful to have a friend like Ryan. If he hadn't befriended me when I was fifteen I would have never survived in this pack.

I slowly pick at my slice of vanilla cake, not in the mood to eat anymore. Sometimes I feel like I don't deserve to be the Alpha's best friend. Actually, no, I know I don't deserve it. I only bring him and the pack down. If I'm not causing trouble for Ryan then I'm making him mad somehow.

Goddess knows why he still keeps me around.

I hear him growl through the open window of his bathroom above me. I wince as it only gets louder and fiercer. He's mad at me . . . I know it. After one last erupting roar he goes silent.

I pick up my plate and go back inside, ready to face him. Hopefully he got his anger out already and won't take it out on me. I laugh to myself at the thought. Ryan would never hurt me, no matter how mad I would make him.

I climb the stairs of his house leading to his bedroom. I cautiously open the door and breathe in relief when I see the bathroom door is still closed. I creep in to the closet and strip off my clothes, pulling on a pair of pajamas instead. Even though this is his house and his closet most of it is taken up by my stuff.

I crawl into his bed, humming at the warmth that seeps through my body as I curl under the covers. Minutes later the bathroom door opens and Ryan walks out, wearing only a towel wrapped low around his waist.

He goes straight to his dresser, not bothering to even spare me a glance. I frown and bite my lip, looking at his back in concern.

"I said I was sorry Ry," I whisper. "I didn't mean to offend you."

He drops his towel and out of courtesy, even though I know he doesn't care, I look away. "You didn't offend me Piggy."

"Then why are you mad at me," I whine.

"I'm not mad at you either."

I huff in frustration, still keeping my eyes off of him as he gets dressed. "Well it sure seems like it."

His laugh fills the room and makes my heart heat up. "You're so oblivious, you know that?" He jumps on the bed, grabs my hips and makes me turn towards him.

"You tell me that every day and I still don't know what you are talking about."

He chuckles and kisses my nose, then falls back onto the pillows. "You're adorable. I don't know what I would do without my little Piggy."

I help him maneuver himself under the covers. "You would probably die of boredom."

He pulls me to his chest, kissing my hair. "I definitely would."

I snuggle in closer to him, welcoming the warmth he gives off. "Goodnight best friend."

He runs his fingers up and down my back softly, just like every other night. "Goodnight Alpha of my heart."

Crown Pack: Alpha Robert

Cora's POV

I don't know where Ronan is. It's been two days and still I haven't heard any word from him. The last time I saw him he was running into the woods and he hasn't been back since.

My heart aches with guilt because the only reason he ran was because of me. Calix kissed me and I was too shocked to push him away. I can't explain it but the moment his lips pressed against mine something inside of me shifted, and not in a good way. As soon as I got my mind back I wanted nothing more than to kill Calix for what he did and run after Ronan.

But of course instead I slapped my best friend and tried to run after Ronan. I got maybe half a mile into the woods when I realized it was pointless. He was gone.