Chapter 12- Lost Boy

The return... it has come..
Shall we?
-------------

Nico's POV

So perfect...
So peaceful...

Nico~ my useless little puppet-

Nah. Not today.

---

"Nico?"

"Hm?" I turned towards Leo, brushing the hair from my face.

"Can... can I see them?" He asks timidly.

I tilt my head in confusion before the gears turn in my head. "Oh."

"Yeah..."

I chew on my lip, contemplating for a moment before holding out one of my arms, wrist turned upwards.

"Okay." I manage, voice barely a whisper.

Leo scooted closer to me on the bed, holding my hand in his and gently pulling back my sleeve. I look down shamefully at the look of disbelief on his face. Criss-crossed, horizontal, vertical, diagnol, some faded, others clear as day. He let his free hand trace over one softly, like a soft stroke from a cat's tail against your bare leg. None were fresh, so they didn't pain me as much anymore. The real damage was mental. I couldn't look at them. Every time I would shower or change and my eyes would get stuck, I break down. I've been doing therapy for weeks and that's one thing that doesn't stop.

Don't forget me

Fuck you.

Don't be so harsh. I helped you. I am helping you. You will enjoy the sweet release of death.

"-co?... Nico? Nico!" Leo snaps and I jerk my head up.

"Sorry." I say, taking a few breaths.

Leo gave a sad smile and kissed my head. "Don't be sorry. You were just quiet and I got worried I.." He paused to look for the right words.

"No, I'm fine. Just my own mind, not you." I assure, leaning on him.

"Do you still like me?"

I suddenly look up at him with wide eyes. "Why would you ask that? Did I do something wrong? Oh god I did I'm sorry oh no please Leo don't leave me I need you please I-"

I was quickly shut up as he fit his lips against mine. He wraps his arms around my waist and tugs me so I would sit on his lap. After a few moments he pulls away, smiling.

"I didn't mean to scare you, angel. I was just making sure."

"Don't ask stupid questions!" I snap and hit his shoulder.

"Ah gosh don't hit me!" Leo frowns and I just push him back so he was laying down with me still sitting on his hips.

"You're such an idiot." I sigh.

"I'm your idiot." Leo grins and pulls me down.

I yelp as he rolls us over, him laying right on top of me. "I can't say enough how beautiful you are..." He says softly.

"But I'm-"

"No. You're beautiful everywhere."

Oh and then... and then he meant it. He meant it with his lips and words and hands in so many ways and oh I believed it. He made me believe things I never thought I'd be able to believe.

"Here." A kiss to my cheek. "Here." A kiss to my forehead. It repeated. Every action, every touch he'd say it.

"You're beautiful here and here and here and here and here..."

A kiss to my nose, my ear, my neck, my shoulders, my chest, my arms, my wrists, my hands, my stomach, my bellybutton. A touch to my sides, my waist, my thighs and legs and feet. Sometimes a small bite on my neck or a grope near my hips.

"Here, here, oh and I think you're most beautiful here."

He planted a gentle kiss right above my heart.

"So beautiful...."

And I believed it.

---

"Come with me, I have a surprise for you." Leo grins.

"Well duh I have to come with you, you're my ride home." I say, pulling my scarf up on my neck more for two reasons. One was the nip of winter coming in... the other reason... well someone called me beautiful...

"Close your eyes." He takes my head and I sigh, shutting my eyes.

As I was lead through the parking lot, I felt the change in ground from concrete to grass and dirt. Soon we stopped and Leo told me to open my eyes. We were in front of one of the big oak trees near the parking lot. But oh dear...

Burned into the tree - not carved, the oak was singed - was a small message.

Lost boy- let me find you and take you to homecoming with me?

L + N

Around it was a heart and I let out a small whine before turning to Leo and hugging him tightly. Although I'd never admit it, the theme for homecoming was fairytales and I had been dying for Leo to ask me. Leo let out a laugh, hugging me back.

"Cheesy, huh? But is this a yes?" Leo teased.

"Yes you doof!" I say, hugging him tighter.

Leo laughs, kissing my cheek.

So perfect...
So peaceful...

-------------
How was that for a first chapter back from such a long hiatus?
How long was I gone? Four months? Five? I don't remember. But hey, I'm back now.

Once again, I won't promise regular updates but ya know. I try.

BYEE

(dear gods I missed this...)