"Do want more coffee dear?"

I look up to the elderly waitress who looks at me with a small smile.

"No thank you," I wave her off with a forced smile.

After Parker told me his idea of why my parents live away from every other wolf I told him he was crazy and left.

I don't get the big deal. So my fur is red, the sky is blue, snow is white, darkness is black but no one ever questions those colors. But it's obvious that it's important to Parker and Ash, and I trust them both so it should be important to me too. I just can't think of why it would be important in the first place.

My parents never saw it as a big deal so why should I? But then again they're one of the few people who've actually seen my wolf.

Is fur color supposed to mean something like eye color does? Parker never said anything like that when he explained things to me.

"Do you want more coffee?" A deep voice asks from above.

"I said no thank you." I look up to see a handsome man standing right by my table. His dark brown hair that falls down to his jaw line and over his circular rimmed glasses that hold a pair of dashing dark brown eyes behind them. He has a light scruffy beard and a mustache.

He looks like an older attractive nerd. If hadn't found Parker I'm sure I would be swooning.

Without an invitation he slides into the seat across from me. "Dora, can we get more coffee over here?" He hollers to the elderly waitress.

I sniff the air to make sure he's a werewolf, but he's a human. Which I guess is better at the moment.

"I said I don't want anymore," I tell him irritated.

He slides his enticing brown eyes over to me. "I never said it was for you." His voice comes out deep and silky smooth.

"Do I know you?"

The waitress comes over to place a full cup of black coffee in front of the man.

He shakes his head. "Do I know you?" He takes a sip from the cup.

"No," I tell him. "Why are you sitting here if we don't know each other?"

"See," he swallows his coffee. "You're not going to make any friends with that attitude."

"I'm not in the mood to make a new friend today okay? So you could please leave me the hell alone?"

He raises a perfect eyebrow. "Not having a good day?"

I scoff. "Not having a good month."

"Well coffee always makes bad days better," he says with a smile. "So does making a new friend."

"Why are you so sure we'll be friends?" I ask leaning against the table. I push aside my empty coffee cup to lean my elbows on the cold wood.

He shrugs. "I don't. We might not have anything in common but we have to see for ourselves."

"And why do you need a new friend?"

"I never said I did, I have lots of friends. But it looks like you need one," he says and points to me while lifting the cup to his lips.

"Didn't your mother ever teach you it's not polite to point," I say rudely.

At the moment I would rather be alone with my thoughts, no matter how bad or stressful they are. But being alone with my thoughts causes me to think, which I have to do right now if I want to clear up anything in my chaotic life.