Chapter 21

Jason POV

I couldn't help but gape at the scene.

Helios, the titan of the sun had come down. I supposed he was just there partially, and the sun was still there in space, but Helios gave it light and the light part was what came down from the sky in the form of a man.

"Helios?" Luke covered still sort of focused on Leo and his predicament.

"Can you help us? Please, we can't lose our brother again." Lucy said sadly.

The titan nodded serenely and moved to Luke and put a hand on his shoulder, giving him strength.

"His soul. Leo's slipping away and . . . he's in a lot of pain." Nico announced gloomily.

I was so fixated on Helios' presence that I didn't even notice when Apollo appeared behind Lucy and like Helios, place a hand on his daughter's shoulder.

Luke and Lucy placed their hands on Leo's chest. One of Lucy's hands was gently placed on Leo's wound right next to the hatchet.

I watched in awe as the veins in Luke's hands turned bright red. Luke winced with pain. Leo's pain. Lucy closed her eyes along with Apollo. Her eyebrows crinkled and she lifted her hands up and gripped the handle of the weapon lodged in Leo's gut.

Biting her lip, she pulled it out. My hand flew to my mouth. Luke groaned, he was still taking on a large part of Leo's pain.

She quickly opened her eyes, threw the hatchet aside and moved both of her hands to the wound. Lucy's hands radiated light.

The power to take away pain and the power to heal. I remembered Selene's words.

In a last flash of light, Luke and Lucy rapidly took away their hands as if electrically shocked.

Leo sat straight up and a smile cracked my face.

"WOW. Never doing that again," Leo chuckled.

There were several cheers from onlookers. Everyone who knew Leo well surged forth and took turns doing a variation of slaps, several 'Stop doing that, Leo!' 's, and a lot of hugs.

Apollo and Helios took a step back to make room for them. Helios nodded at Apollo, who returned the nod. It was as if a whole conversation was conveyed through the simple action. Helios soared back up to the sky and Apollo vanished the way he appeared.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Short chappy, I know.

But don't worry, I'll try to have the epilogue posted by next Friday if not before.

Again, thanks for all the reads! (1.1k) ((AAAAHHH))

Love y'all,

~Cristy