30. Home

"I'm just glad you're safe and no one will ever hurt you again, I promise."

•••

Alex's POV;

Ugh I had been in the hospital for another 4 days since I woke. I hates hospitals but it's better than being sick. I didn't like being sick one bit, I felt like dying. I didn't want the pain that I had felt. In that moment of pain and weakness I had wanted him to just kill me.

I hated the way I felt, apparently I had lost a lot of blood. I mean I was coughing up blood and fever for a week. I don't know how I'm still alive. I had to get surgery done as well so I was really sore.

I got to leave today so my mom brought me clothes to take a shower. Shawn had went home last night because his mom made him. He hadn't left my side since I've been here.

I took my shower as fast as I could which wasn't as fast. My sides were sore and I had to cover up where my incision was. My bones still ached so I had to use their chair that they had in there.

It sucked, I wish I was good and healthy but I'm slowly getting there. I just felt so weak and tired. My mom helped me get changed before she collected my stuff. The nurse helped me into a wheelchair and helped me adjust in the seat.

The door then opened and Shawn walked in with a big smile, "Mendes you can't leave me for one day?" I joke and he laughed.

"Don't flatter yourself Lex, I came to help your mom." He said and I rolled my eyes.

He went behind me and started pushing my chair. My mom followed behind as we walked to the elevator and out of the hospital. We walked to my moms car and he lifted me up gently and put me in the car.

I adjusted myself and buckled my seat belt, "Why thank you my peasant." I say and he rolled his eyes.

He closed the door and got in the back since he said his mom dropped him off. He could've driven himself but why didn't he? My mom got in and started driving away from the hospital.

It didn't take long to get to our house, I was happy to be home. Not so happy about the last time I was here but still happy. I unbuckled my seatbelt and Shawn had my door opened already.

He helped me down and kept his arm around my waist to keep me steady. He closed the door and then we slowly walked to the door. My mom followed us until we got to the door where she unlocked it.

She opened it up for us and let us walk in, we walked in a good five steps before the lights turned on and there were a ton of "surprise". I had a mini heart attack and couldn't help but feel really happy at the sight of Shawn's family and Holly. I even seen the detective from my case...what?

There were balloons and streamers everywhere. There was even a big banner that said "Welcome Home Alex". My vision blurred, tears of joy of course.

"Oh my...who's idea was this?" I laughed.

"Mine but they all wanted to help." Shawn says.

I look at him as a few tears went down my face. He wiped them away and I gave him a big hug. We hugged for a minute before we let go.

His parents then walked over and I gave them both hugs, "Oh I'm so glad you're okay Alex." Karen, Shawn's mom, tells me.

"Thank you, I am too." I say and she rubs my arm before Aaliyah walks over.