1. School

School /Skōōl/ Noun.
1. A place where children and teens attend to get an education.
2. A place where kids drown in work and teachers in flick pain with test and projects and other students are rude to each other and are ignorant
Synonyms: Hell, Prison

•••

Alex's POV;

I woke to the sound of my alarm going off. One of the many noises I wish I didn't hear. The other was my mom cooking, all I've been hearing has been pots and pans hit the floor. She isn't the best cook we mostly rely on takeout or junk food. I know such a healthy living habit but that's what you get when you are a single parents with a kid.

It's always been my mom and I, I mean my dad is alive and in touch but after I was born he had other plans. Plans my mom didn't want to hold him back on. Him and my mom are civil to each other, like good friends but not enough to make it official again.

My mom works at a bank and I unfortunately go to school. But the difference about today is that I am officially a senior and it's my last year of hell or high school. I was finally going to get it over with, I hate almost everyone at school.

I got up and turned off my alarm before I got out and headed towards the kitchen. The fire alarm was beeping and the kitchen was fogged up. I started to cough from the lack of air and amount of smoke. I seen my mom trying to clear the air by the alarm so I moved to the windows and opened them all.

The smoke started to clear and my lungs ceased it's coughing. I helped blow the air out of the window by using a magazine as a fan. The air cleared, the alarm stopped it's annoying beeping and my mom looked at me with a pout.

"All I wanted to do was make you a special breakfast for your last first day of high school." She sighed.

I shook my head and couldn't help but smile, "Mom as grateful as I am for that gesture you don't exactly cook well. You could've gone out and got donuts and I would've been fine."

"I'll be sure to remember that now you got to get dressed before Shawn gets here. Maybe if we have enough time still I'll get you that donut." She smiled and I nodded my head before I headed back into my room.

I walked to my closet and stood there contemplating what to wear. I didn't want to go all out but I wasn't going to go looking like I just rolled out of bed. I picked out my outfit and headed into my restroom and took a shower. I shaved till I was smooth, washed my hair till it smelled like lavender.

I got out after I wrapped a towel around my body and stood by the mirror. I blow dried my hair till they fell into soft strawberry blonde curls. I then put little makeup on and then put on my under clothes and then put on some light jeans, a white short sleeved blouse with my tan leather jacket.

I walked back into my room to put on my white converse before grabbing my bag and phone. I found my mom dressed and ready for work and waiting by the door.

She looked at me with a smile, "You look great. Not too much and not too little, I like." She stated.

"Me too." I say, then we walk out of our house side by side.

"So I thought Shawn was going to pick you up?" My mom asked as we walked down the driveway.

"No he must've not woken up yet, there's still 30 minutes till school starts. I'll stop by his house and wake him up." I say and she gives me a smile while walking to her car.