Chapter 19: Leaving.

I was waiting in the transporter room, waiting for Jim to return. I decided to take Sulu's advice and talk to him about us. Unfortunately Bone and Spock were here too, they may make things slightly awkward. I shifted uncomfortably as we waited for Jim to return. Bones sent me a wary look but I decided to ignore it. You see I'm nervous because there's one of two things I'm going to tell Jim today. One is happy, the other is not so. 

"You doin' okay, Amy?" Bones asked, causing Spock to also put his attention on me. 

"Yeah. I'm fine." I quickly replied, causing the two to glance at each other before looking back at me. "What?" I frowned. 

"Is everything okay between you and the Captain?" Spock asked, peering at me. 

"Yes, everything is fine Spock." I told him. Before he could speak again, Jim's voice rang through the comms. 

"Scotty, get me out of here!" He called. 

"That was quick!" Scotty smiled.

"Scotty!" Jim yelled, sounding panicked. I frowned and looked over to Scotty who was desperately trying to beam Jim back up. 

"There's quite a bit of surface interference, sir." Scotty called before pressing a few more buttons, causing Jim to appear on the transporter pad. He had two small creature attacking him, causing me to giggle slightly. The two security men rushed over and helped Jim out. With a huff, Jim stormed passed us and out of the transporter room.

"I ripped my shirt again." Jim complained. 

"How did it go?" Scotty asked, cheerily. Bones, Spock and I followed Jim out, I stayed slightly behind while the other two spoke.  

"Captain, did you manage a brief treaty with Teenaxie?" Spock asked as Bones began to scan Jim, checking his vitals and seeing if he had any injury. 

"Eh..Let's just say it came a short, could you lock that back in the vault  Spock, thank you." Jim spoke, tossing the small device to Spock who nodded and walked away. I took his space, walking alongside Jim now. 

"Jim, you look like crap." Bones stated. 

"Thank you, Bones." Jim replied, sarcastically. 

"You have a little vein popping out your temple again, you ok?" Bones then asked, smirking. 

"Never better, just another day in the fleet." Jim sang, Bones laughed before also walking away. "Everything okay, Amelia?" Jim then asked me, as the two of us entered his dorm. 

"Um, I actually need to talk to you." I spoke, following him into his bedroom. He pulled of his ripped shirt and tossed it onto the bed, along with his boots. I gulped slightly, trying not to get distracted by Jim's very bare chest. 

"What did you want to talk about then?" Jim asked, standing in front of me. 

"You should get dressed, Jim." I muttered, forcing my eyes away. 

"Why? Am I distracting you?" Jim smirked, stepping closer to me. His hand rested on my waist but I stepped away. 

"No, Captain, but I think we should talk once you're in more appropriate attire." I spoke, causing Jim to frown at me. 

"Captain?" 

"Yes, Captain, I'll see you on the bridge." I rushed out before turning and leaving Jim's bedroom and practically running out of his dorm. I headed to the lift and stepped inside. With a sigh, I face palmed. "I'm such an idiot." I mumbled, fiddling with the sleeve of my gold dress. As the doors opened, I straightened myself up and slowly made my way to my work station. I sat down in my seat between Chekov and Sulu and began to continue with my work. 

"So, did you talk?" Sulu asked. I looked at him and shook my head. 

"Nope." I sighed. 

"Why not?" He questioned. 

"Because he started stripping in front of me and I had to leave his room before I kissed him again." I explained.

"Ah, well then, tell him when we reach York Town, I pretty sure he won't start stripping there." Sulu smiled. I smiled back and nodded. "Speaking of..." Sulu spoke looking out of the window. My eyes followed, seeing the giant transparent globe in the middle of space. 

"Tell Jim." I told him. 

"Kirk Here." We heard through commes. 

"Captain.  Approaching York Town Base." Sulu spoke. 

"I'm on my way, Mr. Sulu." Jim confirmed. I sighed. What do I do? Especially with his birthday coming up soon. I was more torn than I've ever been. With a sigh I look back out the window, smiling at the buzzing globe before us. People rushing around, spending time with their families. Family. I wish I had one of those. 

"That is impressive." Chekov marvelled. 

"Aye, she is a beauty, isn't she?" Scotty beamed. 

"It's amazing." I spoke. 

"What a damn monstrosity." Bones exclaimed, causing me to turn and look back at him. Gulping when I also saw Jim. "Couldn't we  just rent some space on the planet?" He added. 

"Showing geographical favouritism among the inductive Federation worlds could cause diplomatic tensions." Spock explained to Bones. 

"You don't think that looks tense?" Bones snapped. "Looks like a damn snow-globe in space, just waiting to break." He added. 

"That's the spirit, Bones!" Jim spoke sarcastically. Sulu guided the Enterprise into the docking station and the crew prepared to exit the ship. Everyone had families to see, friends to meet, Jim had meetings with Starfleet which left me all alone. I was determined to speak with Jim beforehand though. I needed to say what had to be said. As the crew left, Jim was just behind Sulu and I. 

"You've gotta talk with him okay?" Sulu told me. 

"I know I am, now go see your family!" I urged him, watching as he smiled and rushed over to a man and a young girl who rushed into Sulu's arms. My smiled faltered and I glanced back at Jim, who was also looking at Sulu and his family. I dropped my head in slight sadness. Jim suddenly walked passed me, making me rush after him. 

"Jim wait! I need to talk to you." I told him. 

"Can it wait, I've got places to be." Jim spoke. 

"No Jim, it can't wait." I pleaded. 

"I promise we'll sit down and talk later-"

"Jim I'm leaving Starfleet." I yelled, cutting him off. His expression twisted into one of shock. 

"What?" He questioned. 

"I'm leaving Starfleet, the Enterprise." I repeated.

"Why?" Jim snapped. 

"Because I can't keep away from you and I need to keep away." I explained, poorly. "With Starfleet watching me every minute of the day, we can't risk being caught together, in fear of what they'll say and do about the situation." I spoke. "But the thing is, I can't keep away from you Jim, and I know I have to because Starfleet doesn't want one of their best Captains ever being with the sister of a crazed, psychopath, murderer. I don't wanna ruin your career Jim, so I'm leaving, so I can stay away, and you can continue being the great Captain you are." I finished, smiling through slight tears. 

"But-" 

"It's for the best, Jim." I spoke, stepping forward and placing a kiss on his cheek before rushing away. 

Sorry for not updating in a while!!