Chapter 5: The Attack.

Amelia's Point of View.

I had just been called by Admiral Pike telling me that the U.S.S Enterprise had just been given back to him and Jim had just been demoted down to first officer. He also told me that I have hired as the first officer on the U.S.S Maxwell,  alongside Captain Gregory. So basically I have been transferred.  As you could probably tell I am not very happy about this. I was then called in for a meeting at The Daystorm conference centre. Something about an explosion in the data archives.  Also I have to meet up with my new captain. So now I am changing into my grey dress uniform. Letting out a sad sigh, I exited my apartment and made my way to the conference room.

As I entered I saw Jim straightening out his uniform. I walked over to him and tapped his shoulder.  He turned to me and frowned. 

"What are you doing here?" He asked. 

"Well since you lost your ship, well done for that by the way, I have been transferred to the U.S.S Maxwell as first officer." I explained a hint of sarcasm in my voice. He rolled his eyes. 

"Sorry about, still I hope you enjoyed your first and only day on the Enterprise." Jim sighed. 

"Does this mean that I won't see you again?" I asked.

"I don't know,  maybe." He replied, I nodded and smiled sadly. We then made our way to the elevator. 

"Captain." Spock's voice sounded as we entered the elevator with Spock slowly following. 

"Not anymore, Spock. First Officer. I was demoted and you were reassigned." Jim said coldly.

"It is fortunate that the consequences were not more severe." Spock said. I rolled my eyes at him.

"You've got to be kidding me." Jim scoffed.

"Captain, it was never my intention..."

"Not Captain. I saved your life, Spock. You wrote a report, I lost my ship." Jim cut in.

"Commander, I see now I should have alerted you to the fact that I submitted the report." Spock said, his face emotionless.

"No, I'm familiar with your compulsion to follow the rules. But you see, I can't do that. Where I come from,  if someone saves your life, you don't stab him in the back." Jim snapped.

"Vulcans cannot lie." Spock defended.

"Then I'm talking to the half-human part of you. All right? Do you understand why I went back for you?" Jim asked. Before Spock could answer a man with dark skin approached us.

"Commander Spock? Frank Abbot, U.S.S. Bradbury Guess you're with me." The man said. Spock looked at Jim, then at me before nodding.

"Yes, Captain." He said.

"The truth is I'm going to miss you." Jim said, smiling slightly. Spock just stared at him. Jim scoffed and rolled his eyes before walking away into the conference room. I looked at Spock before turning and walking into the room.

"Miss Larzelere, I'm Captain Gregory." A man with blonde hair said to me.  I smiled at him.  

"Pleasure to meet you." I said. He smiled and nodded before ushering me to my seat. Which was next to Jim and Admiral Pike's.

"Admiral Marcus, sir." A man introduced as Marcus sat in the chair at the end of the table.

"Thank you for convening on such short notice. Be seated. By now, some of you have heard what happened in London. The target was a Starfleet data archive. Now it's a damned hole in the ground, 42 men and women are dead. 1 hour ago, I received a message from a Starfleet officer, who confessed to carrying out this attack, that he was being forced to do it by this man, Commander John Harrison." Marcus explained to the group, bringing up a picture of Harrison on his computer.