Chapter 16: Barely Dead.

Guys!! I changed this chapter a little!!!!

Jim's Point of View.

My eyes shot open as I gasped for breath. I looked around, I was in a hospital room.

"Don't be so melodramatic. You were barely dead, it was the transfusion that really took its toll. You were out cold for two weeks." Bones explained, checking the heart rate monitor.

"Transfusion?" I said, confused.

"Your cells were heavily irradiated. We had no choice." Bones said.

"Khan?" I asked.

"Once we caught him, I synthesized a serum from his superblood. Tell me, are you feeling homicidal? Power mad? Despotic?" Bones asked, smiling.

"No more than usual." I smiled back. I then looked away to see Amelia sleeping on a chair in the corner of the room.

"She hasn't left your bedside for the past two weeks." Bones told me. I looked up at him. "She wanted to be here when you woke up." I smiled over at her.

"How'd you catch him?" I asked referring to Khan.

"I didn't." Bones said. Suddenly Spock arrived.

"You saved my life." I said.

"Amelia and I had something to do with it, too, you know." Bones added.

"You saved my life, Captain. And the lives..."

"Spock, just... Thank you." I sighed.

"You are welcome, Jim." Spock smiled.

Amelia's Point of View.

My eyes slowly fluttered open. I heard the sound of Jim's voice and I shot out of my seat. Jim was laying there talking to Spock. Jim looked up at me and smiled. Tears filled my eyes as I headed over to him.

"He.." I cut him off by slapping him across the face. "Ow! What the hell was that for?" He asked.

"Never, ever do that to me again!" I snapped before crashing my lips on his. I felt him kiss back immediately. I pulled away, tears still falling. "I though I'd lost you." I whispered.

"Naa, you know I love being the hero." Jim laughed. I smiled and kissed him again.

"We'll just leave you two alone." Bones smirked, hurrying Spock out of the room. I sat down beside him on the bed.

"I was so scared, that you were really gone, Jim." I said, looking down at him. "But, you saved your crew, you saved us and for that I admire you, I love you." Jim smiled up at me before sitting up.

"I love you too Amelia." He told me. "And I'm glad I met you."

"I'm glad I met you too Jim." I said before kissing him again. Pulling away I looked down slightly. "They wanted to have a meeting with me about Khan." I explained, causing Jim to frown. "Because I was part of Khan's crew and because of the way I am they wan to assess me to see if I am a threat or not." I explained. 

"But you're not, you helped bring Khan in, why would they think that?" He asked. I stood up and sighed. 

"I don't know, but if they think I'm unsafe, they're gonna send me away with the rest of the crew." I explained slowly. 

"But they can't do that, I won't let them, and I pretty sure the whole crew f the Enterprise will vouch for you Amy." He smiled. I smiled a small smile back. "Don't worry about it for now okay?" He told me. I nodded and slowly sat down beside him again. "Wait, does that mean you're three hundred years old?" He asked. Smirking slightly I slowly nodded. 

"Well technically, yeah but I still look 27." I shrugged. Jim laughed and took my hand, I leant down and kissed him again, never wanting to let this moment leave. 

..........................................................

"Good morning Miss Larzelere." The head of Starfleet, John Turner (made up name), welcomed as I entered the office. 

"Good morning Sir, and can I just say thank you for letting me have the time to stay with Jim while he got better."  I smiled. 

"It's quite alright, take a seat Amelia." He ordered. Slowly, I sat down, trying to keep calm about the whole situation. "First things first, do you understand why you are here today Miss Larzelere?" John asked as he took his seat behind the desk. 

"Because of my relation to Khan." I replied, looking up at him. 

"Yes, we do not want to take any more chances with people of his kind, he was a very dangerous man, who killed two Starfleet admirals, we need to be certain that you will not end up like him." He explained to me. I slowly nodded, understanding what he was saying. "I've sent out my second in command to grab your file and all information about you, once he gets back we're going to ask you a few questions." John told me. 

"Okay, sir." I smiled. As if on cue, a man entered the office, holding a file. My file. He slowly seated him self beside me, sending a warm smile my way, which I returned. He handed the file over to John. 

"Thank you, Mr Drake." He nodded, taking the file. "Right, let's begin, Miss Larzelere, tell me, how close were you with your brother?" He asked. 

"Not very, even before we were frozen Khan was power hungry, he vowed to destroy any being he deemed beneath us." I began. "I never agreed, but he always pulled me in, threatened to hurt too, said he was doing it for my own good." I explained. 

"And how about after you were revived from the cryo-tube?" Mr Turner asked. 

"Admiral Marcus asked me many questions about war and how I felt about it, I told him that I hated the idea of war, the idea of innocent people getting hurt because of other peoples selfish needs." I told them. "So he sent me to the the academy, told to work hard and showed me all the wonderful things Starfleet had done over the years and I vowed that I would travel through space be just as great as all the people before me. I assumed he was using my brother as I am only half like Khan, my DNA is not as advanced, I was smart but not as smart as him, that's why I think Marcus kept Khan to do his work." I explained, getting a little lost in my thoughts. John sent me a smile before moving on. 

.................................................

After another four or five questions, Mr Turner sent me out of his office and told me to wait in the waiting area while he had a discussion with Mr Drake. He also told me he was going to review my file then make his final decision. I'd been sat outside the office for half an hour now and I was growing increasingly more nervous and worried about the who situation. 

"Miss Larzelere, please come inside." Mr Drake called, sticking his head out of the office door. I nodded and stood up following him slowly into the office. "Have a seat." I smiled at Mr Drake and slowly sat down, looking up at Mr Turner. 

"After a long discussion, and a review of your file, we've decided not to condemn you to the same fate as your brother, but as you are a member of Starfleet, you will be monitored." John explained. I let out a relieved sigh and smiled widely at the man.

"Thank you, so much, I really appreciate this." I told them. 

"No problem, Miss Larzelere, you're free to leave." He smiled. Nodding, I shot up out of my seat, sending the two men one last thank you before leaving the office. As I exited the building I pulled out my phone and dialled Jim's number. 

"Hello?" He called after a few rings.

"Jim! They're letting me stay, they're not sending me away with Khan!" I exclaimed through the phone. 

"Oh my God, that's amazing!" He called back. 

"I know, I'm so relieved." I smiled. 

"See, I told you, you had nothing to worry about!"