Here's the thing about apple cider vinegar, when you put a significant amount in your hair, or on your clothes, the smell lingers. It lingers for days and makes everyone around you turn up their nose.

Which was why Naomi's plan to pour three bottles worth of it on Pluto was simplistic genius.

Would we get caught?

Definitely.

Was it worth the punishment we may endure?

Most certainly.

Was it going to be easy?

Not exactly.

First, we had to find a mixing bowl big enough to hold three bottles, and then when we finally did we filled it close to the brim with the smelly liquid. After the easier steps of our process had been done, we proceeded to carry it upstairs with each of us supporting a side of the bowl.

"Careful Abby, we can't spill any on the carpet. We want Pluto to smell, not the house." Naomi scolded softly and I groaned as I tried to steady the bowl.

"I'm not going to let any spill; you're the one we should worry about. Can't you keep the bowl still on your end?" I grumbled. Rolling her eyes at me Naomi moved up the next step.

"Maybe we should've just poured it in the bowl outside of his room, like I said!" She whisper shouted as I carefully stepped up the next step as well. Soon enough, with tedious effort, we had made it to the top of the stairs. Now all we had to do was get it in the bedroom and the plan was a go.

"Okay, shuffle quietly," I said softly, and Naomi nodded. We then started for the bedroom but stopped dead in our tracks when we heard a door slam downstairs. Gasping in surprise, Naomi began to shuffle towards the empty bathroom.

"Abby, that might be Toby coming inside." She whispered urgently. While Toby would've applauded us for the prank, he would never let us do it. So quickly I followed Naomi into the restroom as we tried hard not to spill any sloshing apple cider on the ground. We both then anxiously listened.

"He's probably just getting a snack or some water. Let's just stay in here for a moment." I whispered as we heard his heavy footsteps move around the kitchen. Toby must still have his shoes on because he was making a lot of noise downstairs.

"He sure is being loud, what if he wakes someone up? If mom and dad catch us, we're dead and it won't be worth getting grounded because we didn't get to do it. I don't to get in trouble for bad intentions, I want to carry them out," Naomi said worriedly. I just shushed her and listened. For a minute or two after that the noise continued on before it faded, and the house went quiet once again.

"Alright, let's go." I decided and hesitantly Naomi followed me out of the bathroom and into her old room. When we got inside, we were disgraced with the sound of Jupiter snoring and the sight of Pluto peacefully sleeping in his bed. Oh boy was he going to get it. "Careful now." I whispered as we both moved near his bed, and once we were in range, I began to tilt the bowl forward. Before the smallest drop could fall though, Pluto shot up and smacked the tipping bowl hard, so the apple cider vinegar went spilling over Naomi and I instead of him.

"You should've made sure I was sleeping Gail. Dumping things on people isn't very nice," He said calmly as I dropped the bowl and Naomi screeched in surprise.

"You...you...you jerk!" I gasped as I fisted my stinging eyes. Upon our screeches, Jupiter sat up laughing.

"I can't believe you were right. I didn't think they'd actually have the balls to do it!'' He exclaimed excitedly and Naomi scowled.

"How did you know?" She asked harshly.

"Make sure to shut your door all the way when discussing evil plans." Pluto shrugged and I jerked forward with the intention of smacking him, but he grabbed my wrist before I could. "Don't Abigail. It's not nice to hit people either. You need to learn to stop being a sore loser," He said. Scoffing I opened my mouth to shout at him but before I could I was interrupted by a blood curdling scream.

Jumping clean out of her skin, Naomi grabbed my arm hard.

"Oh my gosh Abby...what was that?" She asked, clearly frightened.

Immediately then, Jupiter and Pluto's smiles faded into deep frowns as they both got up. Down the hall I could hear Gemma and my mom rushing out of their rooms. Suddenly my anger was completely gone, and I felt my heart start to race as I gripped Pluto's wrist so he wouldn't leave my side.

"That...that sounded like...l-like dad..."

_______________________________________________________________________
DUN DUN DUN! I love cliff hangers, their always exciting lol. I feel though, as much as I love this story, that it might be lacking something. I'm not sure what yet, but not as many of you seemed to be into it as I had hoped! Hopefully, I can figure out how to get people engaged.

-Mari.