Chapter One

"Hey Donny boy..." a voice yelled, from a distance.

I turned to see Zach and his group, followed by the alpha's son Kaiden.

Kaiden was gorgeous. His nice blonde hair swung over one of his beautiful dark blue eyes.

He had a killer smile with his nice muscular body. Man did he have abs.

They were coming my way fast. I turned the corner and started running. I have two more corners to turn and I'll be at the library. I'll be safe.

I heard their footsteps coming closer and closer. I knew it was a matter of time until they caught up.

My heart was slamming against my chest viciously. Why did I have to be so slow?

For being a werewolf I was way out of shape. 

I turned the last corner and smacked into a solid form. I fell to the ground. I peered upwards to see Kaiden looking down on me. I gulped. If I was going to die I might as well die confessing my love right? Maybe he will take pity on me. Maybe he will kill me faster. Here literally goes nothing. I looked at him and opened my mouth. Here's to nothing.

"I wanted to tell you something, but I could never get you alone." I said, shaking. "I--I lo--v--love you!"

"What?" He asked, frowning.

"I said--"

"I heard you." he hissed, glaring at the wall. "I can't."

"I know. It's okay." I said, looking away again. I tried to get up, but his hand pushed me back down. His face void of emotion. "What..."

"I'm sorry." he said, his voice going cold.

"I don't understand..." Then their footsteps closed in.

......................

I woke up gasping, clawing at the air.

"Another nightmare, Lane?" a voice said in the doorway. I looked over to see my sister Ronnie standing there with a mug of what smelled of hot chocolate.

I smiled, meanly. "You brought me hot chocolate?"

"If I give it to you, will you stop drooling?" she asked. "You make it look like what they say is true. That were drooling mutts."

I growled and took the mug. I inhaled it. "Thanks Ron Ron."

"Don't call me that." She hissed, smacking my arm.

My sisters my best friend. I tell her everything, well mostly anyways. She listens to everything I say, when I need to vent, when I need space, she is always there. She knows what happened that night. She's the one who found me lying face down in the woods near our house beaten and bloody. Broken ribs, shoulder popped out of place, broken nose and a broken foot. I'm honestly lucky to be alive. 

I honestly don't remember anything really except for bits and pieces. I assumed I must have crawled there somehow. My will must've been stronger than my frame.

"You know dads making us go back right?" she whispered. "You know since he's now alpha he's combining our packs?"

"Yes..." I said, staring into my mug loosing my appetite. Yes I knew. Of course I knew. 2 days counting. Uniting the packs means more allies for whats to come. 

"Were stronger you know. Your stronger. Your not that little boy anymore. You know that right?" She asked. "You were always strong, but this time you can protect yourself in ways you couldn't. You aren't a runt, you were just a late bloomer, but man did you bloom. "