chapter 29

My heart leapt at the sight of him. It's not even been that long since we last saw each other, but it's agonising having to stay away.

Seeing him here causes a new set of feelings in my heart and for a split second I forgot about Troy.

Then I remembered. I gasped and turned back.

I ran to him and crouched down.

He was barely still alive.

"Troy? Troy? Please...you're okay right? You're going to be okay like always.." I asked sounding paranoid.

His eyes locked on mine and it looked like he was struggling to stay awake.

"...Blake..." he pushed out.

I grabbed his hand. "I'm here, I'm here, you're fine, you'll get through." I encouraged trying to believe it myself.

He gave a strained smile, "we both...know that's not true... you're leader now.." he said painfully and his head dropped to the ground.

Tears started pouring out, "No no no no! I'm not ready, you're not dying, Troy just hold on.." I begged.

It's strange, this person had put me in so much pain and caused turmoil within myself. But he had been the only family I had left.

Troy's hand came up and cupped my face, "what a sight, that you're the last thing I see...the last thing I want to see anyway." he smiled.

His eyes started closing.

"Troy..no, wake up, Troy.." I wept.

His eyes shut, and slowly his hand dropped from my cheek.

A breath left his lips and...he was gone.

My head dropped to his chest and I bit my lip to keep from screaming out.

Hot tears stained my cheeks as I wept into his chest, soaking his shirt. Not like it matters to him now.

I cried for a solid 7 minutes before I stopped.

I wiped my eyes that were probably swelled.

Gently I took his hand a kissed the top of it.

A part of me still didn't believe he was truly gone. Now he was just a lifeless being lying there.

And I was the Labyrinth's new leader.

Ashton came up from behind me.

His hand touched my shoulder and a jolt of electricity shot through my body.

He turned me around and I stared into his gorgeous eyes.

Then he pulled me into a tight embrace. His arms wrapped around my frame and a wrapped mine around his torso.

I took in his scent that seem to drive me crazy. With him here I felt safe and the happiest I have been in a while.

Ashton has been here for me a long time, now things could be different.

He pulled away and I wanted him to hold me again.

"I guess you're wondering how I got here.." he said.

I shook my head, for actually I had expected him. Back at the mansion I had seen him behind the boxes.

At first I was surprised and frustrated that he found me, but then I decided this could be a sign and that I should give myself the chance and some hope of something better.

I explained this to him.
"Well, here I thought I was great at being undercover." He said trying to lighten the mood.

I laughed. "Do you still have that little sack I dropped?" I asked with a smirk. That had also been done on purpose.