chapter 1

This book is dedicated to and inspired by my friend Twaniehuman.

--------------

"Please! Don't do this, I'll get the money!" he held his hands above his head.

I looked down at the man and clicked my tongue.

"You've had so many chances Gideon, I won't take anymore of your excuses." I pointed the gun at his head.

"Please, I just need more time!" I blocked out his pleading. He wasn't a bad guy, not really. But a lot of good guys get caught up in a lot of messy situations.

I didn't give the action a lot of thought, and pulled the trigger.

His body fell to the ground with a thud, echoing through the dark alleyway.

I then reached for my bag and took out a single piece of white chalk. Just like I did every other time. I walked to the wall behind us, and drew a small tree. What I've claimed to be my signature detail when it came to finishing jobs.

Tomorrow- or whenever the police find the body, they'll see the sign, just like the ones they've been seeing all over Los Angeles.

I don't know, maybe when they see it, they don't see it as cold-blooded murder, maybe just someone doing what they need to do.

When I finished the sign, I looked at Gideon's body. Shame.

I then pulled put my phone and dialed Troy's number.

"Hello? " his deep voice answered.

"It's done." I sighed.

"Excellent. " I could hear him grinning through the phone. I rolled my eyes and hung up. I then made sure no evidence was left that could lead them to me.

Then I took one last look at Gideon, and got on my motorcycle and rode away.

I loved my bike, when the wind whipped against my face, I felt free. Like nothing could touch me. It's like the world whizzed by, and I stayed steady- unfortunately I'm anything but.

As I reached my apartment block, I parked my bike in my garage. I walked up the stairs to my apartment and unlocked the door.

My gang, the Labyrinth, hooked me up with a pretty sweet place. Over time it became my home.

The kitchen has marble counters and oak wood shelves and cabinets. The fridge is always stocked with all my favourite foods - since my job pays so well- and the colours of the walls are beige.

I went and sat with my hot chocolate in front of the TV.

Whilst watching Adventure Time, tiredness starting taking over, and soon I couldn't control my drooping eyelids.

I switched off the TV, and walked to my bathroom. After finishing in there, I went straight to bed. I made sure to pull on my amazing wooly socks, before I snuggled under the covers.

As I was lying there, I turned and looked at the ceiling. It was covered in glow-in-the-dark paint which I used to paint a galaxy. Every star I knew, because when my dad was still alive, we used to spend countless nights just gazing at the stars.

He owned a company that built science museums all over the world, so he knew all of the constellations by name.

I miss him a lot.

I spent months ignoring my friends after his death, but as time moved on, I realised that I needed to keep the people I still had close.

I was still staring at my galaxy when I fell asleep.

-----------

Okay! First chapter, if you liked it please comment :) hope you guys enjoyed it, and yeah, I'll be posting the next one soon! Happy reading ♡