chapter 28

Note***please read
I made a few decisions and the name of the North Wind's leader is now Cade. Just extra info x

Blake's POV

The final alarm goes off.

So it's time to go.
I pull tight the laces on my sneakers and put my hair up in a messy pony tail.

Taking my gun, I check the silver bullets. Also in my custom belt, I have 6 throwing knives at the ready.

By now everyone is gathered outside. It was planned when the last alarm goes off, that we would leave.

I take my things and go out to the car. Troy is standing near his group, discussing a few things. We briefly make eye contact, but I quickly look away and my cheeks flush.

I walk to the front of the gang and let out a loud whistle. Everyone's eyes turn to me.

"Guys. I'm telling you straight, some might not make it out today, you might get hurt, but we've been training like hell and we won't go down without a fight. Those cowards will see that they can't escape the Labyrinth. We all know what we signed up for when we joined, I have faith in our bravery. And we never raise the white sails, not for anyone." I said with a piercing gaze.

My audience looked up at me with admiration and respect.

One of the guys, yelled out, "with the Labyrinth's angel I will fight!" Many shouts of agreement followed and I grinned in satisfaction.

"Alright, move out!" Troy commanded. The gang spread out to their cars and I went to Troy's. We planned on going together.

I stuffed my things in the back and hopped into the passenger's side. Troy also climbed in and we didn't say anything.

I looked behind and knew this was the last time I'd be seeing the mansion.

"Aren't you going to miss it? Your dad built it after all." I asked Troy. He took his eyes off the road for a second to look at me.

"It served the gang well for the time it was needed. That's what my father planned for it. Plus, I'm learning to let things go." He said.

My stomach felt warm and twisted a bit at the underlying meaning. His face still showed no emotion.

So I turned my head to the side and closed my eyes. I tried imagining myself training, going through everything step by step.

And then, something came up.

First his stormy blue eyes.
Then his smile.
And his lips...

My heart fluttered at the thought of him. A part of me still doesn't want to believe that I left him behind. That I'll wake up tomorrow in his arms and all this would have been a bad dream.

Just as quickly as his memory came up, it left.
And I felt myself fearing that I would forget Ashton. That he would be but a memory of lost feelings.

My lip quivered and I knew this meant time for the mental barriers, I did not need crying now.

"....you need to hope." Troy spoke up.
My head snapped to him. He understood my confusion so he spoke again.

"I can't believe I'm basically sort of helping this guy, but...you need to hope, that one day. Life won't be so screwed up, that one day you'll see him again."

I was stunned silent and just stared at him. It looked like it was hard for him to say that, but I appreciate it.

I put my hand on his arm, it tensed under my touch.